How old you all?

Hocuspocus

I'm 39 with three teenage children and my anxiety and avoidance is worse than it's ever been. Most of the time i feel like a little kid that's been left to fend for itself.

Hocuspocus

May I ask if its only SA your struggling with?

Well, i also have avoidant personality disorder and probably mild depression but this is only a self diagnosis. The avoidant part of me means I'm petrified of seeing a doctor.
Actually it's not the seeing part that petrifies me it's the making an appointment part.
I've been like this for almost 4 years now.

I_Walk_Alone

Well, i also have avoidant personality disorder and probably mild depression but this is only a self diagnosis. The avoidant part of me means I'm petrified of seeing a doctor.
Actually it's not the seeing part that petrifies me it's the making an appointment part.
I've been like this for almost 4 years now.

Haha, yeah i've been playing that game since I was 16.

You'll feel awesome when you finally see one and be officially diagnosed. What you have to do is make sure the doc knows what he's talking about (who knows, YOU may actually have to educate HIM on SA), but it doesn't matter since you will be referred to someone who definately does anyway:)

Trust me ring em up, tell them exactly (but calmly) how your feeling, and they'll hook you up. Its their job ! ;) (doc, clinic etc.) And its VERY IMPORTANT!! Please help yourself through this, it really is up to you. :)

All the very best.

Hocuspocus

Haha, yeah i've been playing that game since I was 16.

You'll feel awesome when you finally see one and be officially diagnosed. What you have to do is make sure the doc knows what he's talking about (who knows, YOU may actually have to educate HIM on SA), but it doesn't matter since you will be referred to someone who definately does anyway:)

Trust me ring em up, tell them exactly (but calmly) how your feeling, and they'll hook you up. Its their job ! ;) (doc, clinic etc.) And its VERY IMPORTANT!! Please help yourself through this, it really is up to you. :)

All the very best.

Thankyou for your kind words :)
Yesterday i felt really positive and decided the best thing for me to do is get a friend to make the drs appt. But today the thought of asking her to do that for me ties my stomach in knots.
Next time I'm feeling confident i'll ask her straight away before i chicken out!

social_phobia2008

I turned 24 a month ago. Things are looking not so bright in ther terms of curing my SP, but i try to find a way to live with it.

El.Sonador

22 years old...but I know for sure that I'm an old man trapped in a younger body ...
just like brad pitt by the end of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, good movie by the way ..too long though...