how meditation( science of mind and body) works in dealing with difficulties of life

hardy

when we face our fears without proper knowledge it backfires. If we roll in fear/phobia/negative thoughts and want to get rid of unpleasant sensations of fear that accompany these thoughts , we multiply it.

Instead if we can just be aware of thoughts and the simultaneous sensations of uneasiness....we become observers and as a scientist of mind(thoughts) and body(sensations) we discover the truth about our fears. We will not roll in it...we will slowly overcome it.

Same with other mental / physical disorders....just be the observer and don't give too much attention to thoughts or sensation...they come and go....don't react to them. This is theory part....but when one does this practically it takes a lot of effort.

Here comes the usefulness of mindfulness/ vipassana/ meditation technique . If we can slowly start practicing observation of our thoughts and the resultant breathing pattern and sensations that arise in body while sitting in a calm atmosphere at home which is called meditation( which is the science of mind, no games of mind involved)....we can take this technique of mind observation or mindfulness when we are facing real fear in social situations or other real life time situations( disturbances) .

For more elaborate explanation on how meditation works in dealing with difficult situations here is an article by a senior mediator of the Buddha tradition :https://www.dhamma.org/en/about/art

p.s: This is just for information , not to promote any religion , technique etc.

May you be happy, peaceful.....come out of all miseries. be happy be happy be happy.

lily

do you have practical steps on how to do vipassana? i don't click on links thank you

Bo592

We also have to be careful of the negative things from the outside world coming in to our thoughts too.

Ransfordrowe

Hi.I was at first quite weary of meditation since its quite hippy and hey man.Heehe.But I do believe in mindfulness and living in the moment.I probably have been doing a form of meditation without putting a label on it.Calming my mind certainly is helped by deepening my breathing and relaxing my body.That sounds like meditation to me know I think about it.Basically what ever helps a person battle their issues may involve trying things they are not sure about at first.As long as its not damaging then its worthy being openned minded.

hardy

do you have practical steps on how to do vipassana? i don't click on links thank you

can you visit me? i can guide you...i live in India...or will the website be okay?

One needs to learn vipassana from an experienced teacher...or one would make mistakes that can lead to serious issues and one cannot even come out of it....so it would be best for anyone with interest in meditation/ vipassana to find a vipassana retreat ( that takes place all over the world...if u visit their site ull know) and practise it under an experienced teacher...one should be open about their problems with the guide.

good luck

hardy

vridhamma.org...there is a guided meditation on this site...its called mini anapana which is the observation of incoming and outgoing breath. Anapana is like kindergarten....one needs to learn vipassana to become an expert in meditation. You can start with the anapana technique and if u feel okay , u can apply for the 10 day retreat that takes place across the whole world.

P.s: This meditation is taught free of cost....u have to be in a retreat for 10 days without talking , cell phones etc n learn vipassana (free of any charges and if u feel like donating for the benefit of future meditators, u can donate money, or give physical service how much ever you can).

Please don't try vipassana without supervision.It is very very dangerous...my own personal experience has taught me to take support from an experienced guide who will be able to clear your doubts and help you understand the technique properly.

Last edited:

lily

i don't live in india. if it's that dangerous I'd not like to take the risk sorry but I'm glad it worked for you

hardy

i don't live in india. if it's that dangerous I'd not like to take the risk sorry but I'm glad it worked for you
Where do u live...vipassana courses are held everywhere in the world. Its dangerous only if you don't do it in the presence of an experience d teacher...Meet a vipassana teacher near your place and discuss if you are capable of sitting for 10 days, medication will help. Tell the teacher everything, that helps.