How I'm going to do the "homework" my therapist gave me?

Tiercel

If "real" women are still too scary for you, remember that there are plenty of women on this site who would really appreciate a genuine compliment. And you can compliment them from the comfort of your own home. :D

Try it once. Then try it again. And again. Before you realize it, you'll be talking to women online. The real world works exactly the same way. You find a woman and just talk to her. Eventually it will get easier, despite it being more difficult for people like us. And for the record, a speech to a stadium full of people is easy. It's the personal interaction that terrifies me. ;)

Or if you want a safer way to compliment a woman in real life, you could whistle at her from a moving automobile. She'll get the point, and you won't have to worry about her reaction, as you'll be long gone. ;)

Regarding your parents: Do well in your studies, and they may be more inclined to allow you to (try to) go out with friends. Or you could tell them that you'll never leave the nest if they don't let you learn to fly.

DISCLAIMER: I'm sure that many, if not all, of the women on this site are indeed real women. But many of them do not see Arthur_Dent in real life, hence my putting the word real in quotation marks. To the men masquerading as women I can only say that you will be discovered and exposed in due time. And no one likes creepy old men who act like little girls. No one!

:D