How have people made friends with each other on these forums?

Luke1993

I was just wondering, some people on here seem to all know each other really well, (Sort of like a clique) and make jokes about each other and stuff. I was just wondering to those who have strong friendships on these forums:

What got the ball rolling? How did you start talking?

What do you talk about with your online friends?

How often do you speak to your online friends?

Two people have sent me PM's on these forums, and I tried to converse but then I ran out of things to say so it just stopped lol. I want to try and learn how to make friends online, it seems easier to make friends online, (Because people here with no friends in real life have onlinefriends here) and maybe when I've made online friends, I can maybe move on to make real friends!

Let me know.

I made a few friends when I first joined just by lurking in the chatbox. Since it hasn't been on the main page anymore (or even before that really) I just haven't felt like "chatting" much with new people (although I may be starting to come out of that). I'm horrible with initiating things with people- there are only 2 or 3 people that I will actually start conversations with through private message or mini-messenger- other than that I don't talk to people unless they talk to me first, and I'm horrible with keeping a conversation going, I'm afraid I come across as boring. So I feel pretty left out and clueless as well... I've noticed a few "cliques," but no clue how they started or how they keep themselves going. So I'd be interested in hearing what other people have to say as well... it's probably that I just need to push myself and send messages to people, get over my fear of initiating things- but I've never been able to do that in my 31 years, and I'm not sure if I can start now.

FOR REAL

Banned
i dont know how it worked, all i can say is that we all have problems.

add people, cause it makes them happy :)

(unless its me)::p:

I was just wondering, some people on here seem to all know each other really well, (Sort of like a clique) and make jokes about each other and stuff. I was just wondering to those who have strong friendships on these forums:

What got the ball rolling? How did you start talking?

What do you talk about with your online friends?

How often do you speak to your online friends?

Two people have sent me PM's on these forums, and I tried to converse but then I ran out of things to say so it just stopped lol. I want to try and learn how to make friends online, it seems easier to make friends online, (Because people here with no friends in real life have onlinefriends here) and maybe when I've made online friends, I can maybe move on to make real friends!

Let me know.

I think some people on here don't have SP when they're on the internet. They have SP in real life but they don't have SP when online. I'm not one of those people. I think conversations just comes naturally when you're not anxious & worrying about what others think of u. As far as making friends go, it's ok to say any random **** that comes into your mind in the moent, and youll do fine

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I think some people on here don't have SP when they're on the internet. They have SP in real life but they don't have SP when online.
I'm a lot better about socializing on the net than I used to be. I've been doing stuff like posting on boards for at least 8 years now. When I first started, making even one post freaked me out.

I do my best to be social on here, though I haven't been here very long. I visit the chatroom and there are a few people I message now and then. I often feel like I shouldn't because I'm probably just bugging them though.

If I'm even remotely part of a clique I'm unaware of it, and wouldn't care anyway--socializing with one person wouldn't stop me from socializing with anyone else.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
There isn't any tactic in order to make friends... it just happens. I think it's a matter of personalities matching somehow.

U

userremoved

Look at peoples profiles to see if they have any common interests or stories of any kind. If they do send them a message. Even a persons avatar can tell you a lot about them. It's a lot easier to keep talking when you both are chatting about something you both know and love.