How do you give yourself "self-love"?

Lamb

It's looking at myself in the mirror and not descending into self hatred, but seeing a human being in pain and in need of help, regardless of my flaws.

I really like that Kiwong, could turn it into a quote. But then I wonder.. I'd probably start to pity myself for being in pain and requiring help.

Thank you for all of the insight and suggestions everyone. It's been really helpful. If I run across any other suggestions I'll post it here.

And welcome, Biev!

Jesss

Banned
Being positive, not comparing yourself to others, facing your fears and doing the best you can do with what you have.

nicole1

Do what I can to make me happy! Whether it's watching a fave show or reading a fave book. Pampering myself when I have a bad moment in life.

TailsAlone

I swear I thought this thread was about something else.

I'm a horrible person :kickingmyself:

You're not, HH. I assumed the same thing. :ironicsmile:

On topic, I don't really give myself a lot of love. I stay clean and well dressed and everything, but that's mainly so I don't bother other people. I stay comfortable with my favorite foods and shows and stuff, so that's worth something. But I'm a shadow of myself in public. Whenever I step out of the house, even outside my room, I feel worthless, like the sad, frightened kid I was 20 years ago. How can I love that?