How do I get rid of inferiortity complex

alwayssunnyinphiladelphia

I feel bad about myself all the time its getting really bad, there must be a way to stop bad thoughts and constantly comparing myself to other people all the time, although maybe if people knew how to get rid of it they wouldn't be on this website. I feel like this guy out of superbad lol best part - YouTube

gustavofring

Ha! I love that movie. I also love that guy. The sorrow he has in his face is sad but hilarious.

As for your question. There is no simple answer, but one thing you can try is to get into some spiritual teaching that focusses on finding more peace in your everyday life, and accepting who you are. The mind and ego can be nasty things that trap us, constantly judging ourselves and others, comparing, finding inferiority and superiority, but this unconcious behavior can be dissolved or greatly diminished. I can't say I'm truly the best student of this teaching because if I was I probably wouldn't be on this site anymore, but at times when I find myself overrun by thoughts and emotions it greatly helps me to move on from it.

If you want, I can pm some Youtube video's with some spiritual teachings that I watch.

jaim38

For some reason, my inferiority complex is partly tied to my family; if my mom or brother did something wrong to other people, then I feel guilty and inferior to other people. It's hard to take pride in my family when they're doing crazy things. And I also have no reliable support system. So I feel inferior in many situations.

hardy

It's in our hands to ignore the thoughts. If a guest comes to our house and we keep entertaining them, they will never leave....while if we ignore them and do our work, they will leave soon.

Similarly, when you keep doing your work ignoring the thoughts of low self-esteem and other negative thoughts....they will soon leave.

Learn to ignore thoughts...Meditation does help in doing this. Try being aware of whats happening in your mind and body during daily activities....you can ignore the thoughts when they come.

If interested in meditation:The Art of Living: Vipassana Meditation

bleach

Banned
volunteer to help others in some way. develop your skills. exercise. do whatever small things you can do to make yourself more useful. I don't think cognitive affirmation is what you or anyone else needs. you need to tangibly prove to yourself that you are a worthy person or you ill never truly believe it, it will simply be a mental trick that fades after a short time.

JackOfSpades

I think DBT and meditative thoughts are very helpful in this. It's not a mental trick, it's a perspective adjustment. Perspective is the problem here. Many other positive and knowledgeable books can lend some more insight into helping round out some better mindsets. I think exercise and self improvement are very useful too as I think activating the brain is. It is true you will feel better about yourself if you can see and do something tangible. But I think ultimately it's about how you see yourself and the world around you. I'd try to attack it from both angles.