How do I fix my wierd sense of humour?

Srijita52

My sense of humor is really wierd & random.Its like whenever I try to crack a joke or respond to one ppl look at me funny & say 'Why did u say that?' This always happens.Anyone else has this kind of humour?How am I supposed to fix it?

WeirdyMcGee

There's no 'fixing' humour, in my opinion.
There will always be people who find a random sense of humor fun - always people who find weird humour to be charming in it's own way.

That's what I've been told.

I sometimes start laughing at my own jokes in my head and people stare at me like I just let out a big stinky fart.
But you know what? Those people suck.
Keep laughing-- you'll live longer.

coyote

just add eels

41267-AnguilleEurope.jpg

MrJones

I think it's good to have a different sense of humour. Actually, I think it's good to be different, not only in that.

Don't change yourself to be like they want you to be. It's not fixing, it's just faking. Be yourself and if they don't like it, you'll have fun with your own jokes, so it's fine anyway :D

Deus_Ex_Lemur

NOTHINGS WRONG WITH A QUIRKY SENSE OF HUMOR! Long as you are respectful. Sometimes you have to know your audience though. Also for a quirky random humor you have to be comfortable and go with it 100% with it from my experience to succeed. =D You may have to adapt your humor a bit but not "fixing" necessary.

maiato

Banned
Sometimes is not your sense of humour, just your perception of it! U may feel some Kind of awkward when u try to make some joke. Maybe cause inside u just dont feel u are being truly u...that's of anxiety! Just dont put to much pression to be funny, or social..let it flow : )

NOTHINGS WRONG WITH A QUIRKY SENSE OF HUMOR! Long as you are respectful. Sometimes you have to know your audience though. Also for a quirky random humor you have to be comfortable and go with it 100% with it from my experience to succeed. =D You may have to adapt your humor a bit but not "fixing" necessary.

Absolutely! I say stupid stuff all the time. It cracks me up, and sometimes others don't get it. But I've gotten to the point that I don't really care. You do have to be careful about what you say around certain people, though. I have hurt a few feelings saying insensitive things. But as a whole, there is nothing wrong with a quirky sense of humor. At least you have one! Some people just have sticks up their asses.

MaliceInWickedland

I have a very and I mean very dark and random sense of humor and I'm rarely looked at strangely by other people. People actually laugh at the random and sometimes completely demented things I say, which surprises me.

Honestly I don't think you should change anything about your sense of humor, let alone try to "fix" it. It's a part of your personality and that alone should never be tampered with on the account of what other people think. I think random weird senses of humor are the best kind. You'd be surprised to know how many other people out there think so too :)

Phoenixx

There's no 'fixing' humour, in my opinion.
There will always be people who find a random sense of humor fun - always people who find weird humour to be charming in it's own way.

That's what I've been told.

I sometimes start laughing at my own jokes in my head and people stare at me like I just let out a big stinky fart.
But you know what? Those people suck.
Keep laughing-- you'll live longer.
^ I agree with this. :)

I have a really stupid (and sometimes sarcastic) sense of humor. I laugh at puns, random jokes, stupid random t-shirt logos, and even my own jokes. I'm also the type of person to laugh while thinking about something funny that happened ages ago. ::p: I've gotten a few weird looks before, but I try not to worry about it. You shouldn't worry either. Like others have already said, you don't need to "fix" your humor, unless you're offending someone.

Some people just have sticks up their asses.

and some have eels
^ Those two comments totally made my day. :D

Edit: I decided they needed to go in my signature.

Last edited:

InfraRecon

It usually just means you have a GOOD sense of humour. After all, things are only weird because someone chose to elect something as normal in the first place.

...that was meant to sound much more profound than it came out

Last edited:

insecuregaga

All I did for most of high school (besides skip class ) was laugh it's like I had ocd laughter and would always laugh uncontrollably even during quiet times or randomly like when the teach talked about serious issues like aids causing everyone else to laugh even the emos.

It's a gift don't get rid of it many don't have it.

Srijita52

Sometimes is not your sense of humour, just your perception of it! U may feel some Kind of awkward when u try to make some joke. Maybe cause inside u just dont feel u are being truly u...that's of anxiety! Just dont put to much pression to be funny, or social..let it flow : )

Yeah,I guess sometimes I do push harder but in general though I find I start acting wierd or telling wierd jokes when I'm bored or there's nothing else to do.Like its something I do to entertain myself.

Last edited:

mikebird

Banned
My dark sarcasm and satire used to earn me some laughs. I think it might be in need of review nowadays :confused:

Some people have a nature of laughing too much, automatically, with a grounding in pure glee. That can be turned around, in a dark way: 'why does that make you laugh?!'... leading to momentary silence, and can be positive in the right crowd

Last edited:

Rembrandt Broam

My dark sarcasm and satire used to earn me some laughs. I think it might be in need of review nowadays :confused:

Some people have a nature of laughing too much, automatically, with a grounding in pure glee. That can be turned around, in a dark way: 'why does that make you laugh?!'... leading to momentary silence, and can be positive in the right crowd

"Funny how? Like I'm a clown? Like I amuse you?" :D