How did you meet your friends/best friends/mate?

Emperor

I met my best friend at school.
After we met each other we started annoying each other so we can talk because we were both too shy to admit that the other is interesting and that we love speaking and fooling around with each other.

laure15

I met my current friends on the school bus, in art class, in computer class, at the libraries, and indirectly through my mom (who used to go to church).

Lisy

I have an online friend I can consider "my best friend", we met on a forum almost 6 years ago, we never met in "real life", but I feel we have a true friendship.
In high school I had some good friends, after graduation we didn't keep in touch much, except for one of them that went to university with me, thanks to her I was able to talk and socialize a bit with people in our course.

Chess

Online friends/online friends who became offline friends I meet through more active and in-depth forums (this one is pretty much talking to myself), and the rest I've typically met through school.

I haven't met anyone in college yet. People seem a lot more focused on studying than on socializing and nobody in class talks much, which I guess has its benefits. It spares me a lot of stress, because I don't have to worry about approaching or being approached by people. I'll have to get off my butt and start meeting people sometime, though.

knowledgeofself

most of the friends i've had i've met through other people. I met one person at college about 15 years ago and he knew a lot of people that lived in an area so I just got to know more people in that area through him. I think its good to know one person who has a lot of friends. I haven't seen him for a long time now though.

Niiña

I always I met them at school! It's simple I don't have another social life, only that.

Hmm well, I've had lots of people I considered "friends", but close friends are a different story. The girl I call my best friend lives pretty far away, and I haven't seen her since high school graduation day. We still talk now and then, but barely. We met in a culinary arts class in high school.

At first I didn't like her because I thought she was a snotty bitch, but as I got to know her I found she was funny and we had a lot in common, and seemed to complement each other well.

The majority of the rest of my current "friends" are from high school and a college I attended for a semester.

I also have a few people online I talk to.