HOW close did a relationship get before SA ruined it

juju

There have been so many friendships i have started and everthing is ok superficially but between there and longer lasting friendshipss i get nervous and awkard and before you know it im alone :mad:

Krista

I've been in actual relationships but because of my own doubt in myself and the person I'm with, thinking I'm not good enough for him maybe, that he likes my friend more and just general anxiety they always get tired of me pushing them away and accusing them of things they didn't do. Plus no guy likes to date a girl with no self confidence in herself.

klytus

Plus no guy likes to date a girl with no self confidence in herself.
For most men, a lack of self-confidence is more attractive in females than a healthy amount thereof is. In fact, that's why many women - or so I have been told - pretend to be in need of help. It makes them more "likable".

Krista

Yeah and girls EPSECIALLY like guys with no self-cinfindece...

I'd have no problem with a guy who felt the same way I did, I'd hope that we could help each other out together but how do two people with no self confidence get the confidence to date each other?? Hmm.

Last edited:

klytus

I'd have no problem with a guy who felt the same way I did, I'd hope that we could help each other out together but how do two people with no self confidence get the confidence to date each other?? Hmm.
I doubt that would make for a good relationship. It would probably be destined to fail from the get-go. You need to be sufficiently strong and happy independently of each other. If the people involved depend of each other in such ways, the relationship is unstable.

Perhaps people's quest for confidence clouds their judgment. They may not realize that confidence is carelessness in disguise, as far as the majority of the 'confident' part of humanity is concerned.

Ive let it ruin a possible relationship. I liked a guy, he liked me. He met up with me and my confident talkative 'friend' and now theyre together over 2 years- so ye can imagine how crap i feel!

also saved myself from the worst relationship ever after a month. This guy told me he loved me- straight away i panicked and knew somethin was wrong - especially cos he was acting weird ''cos he was afraid he was getting too attached''. Then when he wasnt looking i checked his texts.he was sleeping wit some1els

Josh5339

I could have had a possible relationship this summer, but then I got too nervous and isolated myself away for safety but at the same time yearning for closeness. It really sucked, gotta get over this. She was really attractive too.

Emily_G

My husband was the only man I felt comfortable telling about my stuttering, and he was the only man I have been with who would have accepted me...that's why I told him. After I told him that, and he told me something about himself he was ashamed of....we were able to move into the more personal, non-superficial stuff. I love him.

da_illest101

Yeah and girls EPSECIALLY like guys with no self-cinfindece...

lol tell me about it

i had a gf a few years ago, i broke up with her because i couldn't be myself around her, cause she told me she likes man with confidence, so after a week of being stressed out everyday i broke up.

btw @ krista, i love girls with liltle or no confidence, i find it really attractive, but they don't like me ::(:

EgoZero

Getting drunk when going on date? The only way I can think of :)

Apparently for me, SA means no possibility for a relationship... I don't approach anyone, and they don't approach me. So my answer would be that relationships aren't even on the map.