How bad are you with remembering names?

Lorraine Manca

I was talking with someone once who I thought was a family member. After being with them for several hours I referred to them being in the family and found out, not so! in the form of "oh, i'm not related to you!". so embarrassing.

There's one last name I'll never forget though! Wolffarth! whats the etymology of that one. thats what i wanna know.

Danfalc

Banned
my middle name is Pooman
fck my parents, giving me an indian middle name without really thinking about it carefully

I remember when I was at college,there was a guy called Wackass.Honestly,Im not sure if thats how you spell it or not.It's a name you did sort of ask twice.But no one ever took the piss or laughed.I would try not too worry,if someone laughs because your name sounds funny in their language,that doesnt say alot about them.

Sinar_Matahari

I remember when I was at college,there was a guy called Wackass.Honestly,Im not sure if thats how you spell it or not.It's a name you did sort of ask twice.But no one ever took the piss or laughed.I would try not too worry,if someone laughs because your name sounds funny in their language,that doesnt say alot about them.

Hey! I laught at funny names! The fact that you and I don't share the same sense of humor doesn't reflect negatively on me. Was Wackass really pronouned Wak-ass? :D

Hey! I laught at funny names! The fact that you and I don't share the same sense of humor doesn't reflect negatively on me. Was Wackass really pronouned Wak-ass? :D
Hmm, is there sensitivity in Serafina:)

I remember a while ago on David Letterman they had found a guy in
the news paper called "Dick Assman" they made a whole theme of it
and everything. Even called up the guy on the phone during air time.
I must say the guy took it like a champ.

Sinar_Matahari

Hmm, is there sensitivity in Serafina:)

I remember a while ago on David Letterman they had found a guy in
the news paper called "Dick Assman" they made a whole theme of it
and everything. Even called up the guy on the phone during air time.
I must say the guy took it like a champ.

Nope, no sensitivity at all there. :D Seriously though. Do I come across as insensitive?

I'd have a sense of humor if my name was Dick Assman too. I'd probably be amused when telling people my name.

Danfalc

Banned

I didnt say it did,but yes it was actually pronounced wack-ass,it was his first name aswell.And when I said no one took the piss or laughed,I ment openly,I cant talk for what everyone thought to themselves.

And please dont think you know my sence of humour out from one post.

Sinar_Matahari

I didnt say it did,but yes it was actually pronounced wack-ass,it was his first name aswell.And when I said no one took the piss or laughed,I ment openly,I cant talk for what everyone thought to themselves.

And please dont think you know my sence of humour out from one post.

Seriously? You were offended? You did write that if people make fun of someone's name (because it sounds funny in their language) then it doesn't say a lot about them. You didn't mean that in a pejorative sense? You don't find "strange" names amusing? If you don't then we obviously don't share the same sense of humor. At least, not when it comes to names. My assumption was based on what you wrote.

So the guy's name was Wackass Wackass? lol

Danfalc

Banned
Seriously? You were offended? You did write that if people make fun of someone's name (because it sounds funny in their language) then it doesn't say a lot about them. You didn't mean that in a pejorative sense? You don't find "strange" names amusing? If you don't then we obviously don't share the same sense of humor. At least, not when it comes to names. My assumption was based on what you wrote.

So the guy's name was Wackass Wackass? lol

Yes the guys name was Wackass.

I probaly would find some names amsuing in a way,I obviously did find it different otherwise I wouldnt remember it.But maybe because I didnt know if it was a race,culture thing,I didnt want to be offensive,but also because I respected him..it just never was that amusing to me.Maybe the way he was proud to tell people his name gave me more respect for him.

And you are generalising my comments and I cant be arsed getting into some long ass draw out discussion.I dont even know what perjorative is.So w/e.There is a difference between having a playfull giggle,and blatantly taking the piss.I can be immature as the next person but yes I would make me think less of someone.

Maybe you shouldnt assume so much.Just by what someone writes.Were not all as articulate as you,and I'm not always that good of transfering my thoughts into writing.Thanks.

Sinar_Matahari

Yea it's a funny name, but come on.. that's like laugh out loud material for a 12 year old or something. Would you be able to contain your sense of humour if he told you his name himself?

lol Thanks for pointing that out. You're talking to a person who thinks farting is funny. Maybe one could equate my humour with that of a 12 year old. lol Yes, I would be able to contain myself if the person told me his name. "Pooman" isn't exactly hilarious though. Now if his name was "Shitman" then I might crack a smile. I'd rather be free to be myself but I am capable of tact and common sense.

Sinar_Matahari

Yes the guys name was Wackass.

I probaly would find some names amsuing in a way,I obviously did find it different otherwise I wouldnt remember it.But maybe because I didnt know if it was a race,culture thing,I didnt want to be offensive,but also because I respected him..it just never was that amusing to me.Maybe the way he was proud to tell people his name gave me more respect for him.

And you are generalising my comments and I cant be arsed getting into some long ass draw out discussion.I dont even know what perjorative is.So w/e.There is a difference between having a playfull giggle,and blatantly taking the piss.I can be immature as the next person but yes I would make me think less of someone.

Maybe you shouldnt assume so much.Just by what someone writes.Were not all as articulate as you,and I'm not always that good of transfering my thoughts into writing.Thanks.

I apologize. I did not mean to offend you or hurt your feelings in any way.

Danfalc

Banned
Dont worry you didnt,but it was a nice thought of you to apolagize.No hard feelings from me.Like I said I dont always put my thoughts down into words very well,sorry if we got our wires crossed because of that.

Lonelykitsune

Im absolutly awful at remembering names,iv been in a new class for a month now and i still dont know everyones names.

dooby-duck

I am terrible with peoples names. If someone asked me who was in a film, most of the time I wouldn't have a clue. I often don't recognise who actors are or what other films they have been in. It's the same in real life. I don't remember names or faces very well but I do remember their cars. ( I work in a garage). That is the only reason I know who they are. I also have a really bad memory so that doesn't help me much. I am pushed to remember what work I was doing the day before or even the same day sometimes.