how are you supposed to talk to girls

Dodger

What is different about a girl? What aspect of them is it you find threatening? The different anatomy? The possibility she'll interpret your interaction with her as trying to get into her pants? The fact that girls are generally better linguists and that she might make you look a fool? What is it? If you can narrow it down, you might find a solution.

I guess all of those kind of bother me I mean I need help but hey at least I got a hug from a girl yesterday but she is taken so that is no good.

Tiercel

Dress yourself up like a girl, then look at yourself in the mirror and talk to your reflection.

Boy, this brings back memories. During homecoming week in high school they had a competition among the 4 grades. One day was called Dress Up Day, where you could dress up nicely to earn points for your grade. Well, I was a 20-year old senior who at the time just didn't give a crap about any of my peers (whom I didn't really know, having lost 2 years due to "issues").

So I borrowed my sister's blue dress, put on a string of fake pearls, and walked to the bus stop. I still remember that one kid who said, "Dude, why are you wearing a skirt?"

"It's not a skirt. It's a dress," I replied.

"Why are you wearing a dress?"

"Because it's dress up day." And for some reason that ended the conversation.

Of course this was before I started losing my hair, so I had beautifully wavy shoulder-length locks to complete the image. And it was rather awkward changing in the boys' locker room before and after gym. And in my Latin class I overheard a girl saying what was probably the best compliment I'll ever receive:

"He has better boobs than I do."

kwyser

Think of her as not a girl, but a regular person. Its hard to do that because she is a girl, but its what you gotta do.

You could try this (your gonna think I'm a total dick for saying it but do it) start talking to girls that you think are not that pretty. Then once you start becoming comfortable talking to them, move on up the ladder and gradually start talking to girls you think are pretty.

Who knows, along the way you may find someone you think is really great.

Don't hate me for saying that, it works.