how are you feeling? (in images)

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Deeply ashamed.

shaddup.jpg

Deeply ashamed.

shaddup.jpg

Let me tell you something, Fountain.
A few years ago in here, I remember someone (can't remember who) posted a comment in some thread (probably "Post Your Random Thoughts" etc) that they hated the games and simple threads, in the "Off Topic" section. They complained that the games ones in particular, were "stupid" and did not belong in a forum like this. :mad:

I wish I had replied to their narrow-minded post, but my anxiety stopped me from causing a stir. I wish my fear did not prevent me from explaining the importance of all the games/simple threads in the "Off Topic" section.

Some people here don't have many friends/family to interact with, when they are lonely.

While most of us in here are introverts, there are times when we do crave/need just a little connection with another human - albeit it tiny and on our own terms; when we are in a state that we can handle it.

I currently don't have any friends at all irl - I haven't for years. So those games/simple threads in the "off topic" section, are a safe haven for me to come in and "connect" with other humans when I am not always able to think enough, to be able to write an reply post in the other threads (when I'm "Brain dead" so to speak).

Without those "stupid" games/simple threads, I would have to stay lonely - not being able to make any human connection!!
Even posting in a couple of simple/easy game threads, can improve my mood a lot, when I am feeling so alone and isolated.

So Fountain, you have absolutely no reason to feel "ashamed" as you expressed in your post above. Some of us in here are frequently forced into "survival mode" irl, and we only have the mental energy to post in the "Off Topic" section. :)

(Apologies for taking so much text to explain the point I wanted to get through - I am currently "Brain dead", lol)

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
A few years ago in here, I remember someone (can't remember who) posted a comment in some thread (probably "Post Your Random Thoughts" etc) that they hated the games and simple threads, in the "Off Topic" section. They complained that the games ones in particular, were "stupid" and did not belong in a forum like this. :mad:

I wish I had replied to their narrow-minded post, but my anxiety stopped me from causing a stir. I wish my fear did not prevent me from explaining the importance of all the games/simple threads in the "Off Topic" section.

Some people here don't have many friends/family to interact with, when they are lonely.

While most of us in here are introverts, there are times when we do crave/need just a little connection with another human - albeit it tiny and on our own terms; when we are in a state that we can handle it.

I currently don't have any friends at all irl - I haven't for years. So those games/simple threads in the "off topic" section, are a safe haven for me to come in and "connect" with other humans when I am not always able to think enough, to be able to write an reply post in the other threads (when I'm "Brain dead" so to speak).

Without those "stupid" games/simple threads, I would have to stay lonely - not being able to make any human connection!!
Even posting in a couple of simple/easy game threads, can improve my mood a lot, when I am feeling so alone and isolated.

So Fountain, you have absolutely no reason to feel "ashamed" as you expressed in your post above. Some of us in here are frequently forced into "survival mode" irl, and we only have the mental energy to post in the "Off Topic" section. :)

(Apologies for taking so much text to explain the point I wanted to get through - I am currently "Brain dead", lol)

What a thoughtful post, Blue. I appreciate your reply, it's honestly "sticky" worthy.

200w.webp

LoyalXenite

this actually sums up really well how I feel with the games threads, so often when Im on here I dont actually have it in me for the heavier posts or threads even the only slightly heavier but relatively casual threads. The game threads are a good comfort and let me feel a part of something when I cant do anything more

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?

Bravo my friend.. bravo!