How Are You at Solving Mysteries?

Xervello

A few years ago I posted an appeal to the peeps at SPW asking who was interested in playing a mystery game on ChatBox or Google chat. It's a board game called Crack the Case that can be played online in which I give you a brief description of a murder/crime and you ask me questions based on the little information I've provided. I'll explain how to play more in the next paragraph. I received a few offers to play, and those that did seemed to enjoy it. Lately I've had a little more free time so I thought I'd bring up the idea again.

As for how it works. I have hundreds of note cards with mysteries on them to read from. For example, I present you with a case as such: A man is found dead on the linoleum floor of his kitchen. Near his body is a jar partially full of candy. His wife has been out of town for days; nevertheless, she is arrested and charged with her husband's murder. What you must solve is: How did the wife kill her husband? You then ask me questions trying to get details of the story so that you can figure out the answer. Questions such as, "Did the wife tamper with the candy?", "Was the husband poisoned?", "Did he have allergies?", "Did she hire a hitman?" and so on. I hold a note card that has the entire story written on the back. I read it beforehand so that I can say yes or no to your questions. There are only a handful of replies I'm allowed to answer such as yes and no if what you asked is partially correct but not fully. In which you case you ask in a more specific way. I can reply irrelevant if your question has nothing to do with the case. It may sound confusing but it's not really all that difficult. It just takes playing it to get the feel for the game and how to go about pinning down the facts. Having said that, these mysteries can be ludicrously far-fetched and difficult, but it makes it all the more fun when you DO solve the mystery.

If anyone is interested in playing, private message me and we'll arrange a time and a place to try it. I don't have Skype except for the built-in one on Outlook, so I'd prefer we play on Chatbox, the mini-chat on here or on Google chat in Google mail. If you're unsure if you want to play but have more questions, you can private message me and I'll do my best to answer them.

By the way, I did try to play this with multiple people in Chatbox awhile back but it didn't really work all that well the first go around. That works better with people who are already familiar with how to play the game so as to avoid confusion. But I'd be willing to try it again. Still, private message about it and I'll see about arranging a group thing for those that are interested.

Xervello

I have some extra time on my hands in the next few weeks. If anyone is still interested in playing, lemme know!

F0AM

I KNOW THAT GAME, there was (don't know if still exsists) a radio program here in Spain dedicated to solving mysteries, with those same rules lol

I'd like to participate tho i'm not that good at solving them haha