Home Schooling???

mummylala

Hey everyone, due to events going on at my daughters school my hubby and i have taken her out and are now going to home school..

A lot of people have been giving me ear ache over it because of the social aspect of things but i tell them that the people she hangs around with are the same people who call to the house everyday to see her anyway plus she attends a lot of clubs and such..

Just wondering if anyone on here has had any experience with home schooling, or even what there thoughts on the matter is :)

Ignace

She goes to clubs but needs home schooling ? Sorry, but hard to understand for me.
It may seem the easiest solution for now, but it's not solving anything. It's actually making things worse, what when she needs to go to school again some time ?

EvilFlyingCow

I was home-schooled and it greatly contributed to to my lack of social skills. So if someone has a tendency to be shy, I wouldn't recommend home-schooling for them.

mummylala

She goes to clubs but needs home schooling ? Sorry, but hard to understand for me.
It may seem the easiest solution for now, but it's not solving anything. It's actually making things worse, what when she needs to go to school again some time ?

She goes to craft clubs and things like that with friends and adults who understand her condition and dont bully her just because she has a scar on her face and a crooked nose..

She was in a school where even the teachers made comments about her condition which resulted in her having a fear of the place which then resulted in her education going down hill when she was there..

Homeschooling is not going to be a permanent thing, it is what we have to do for the mean time because there are no other primary schools with a place for her near our home, we live in a really secluded area and the only other school is a 90 mile round trip

mummylala

I was home-schooled and it greatly contributed to to my lack of social skills. So if someone has a tendency to be shy, I wouldn't recommend home-schooling for them.

The social side of things were putting me off homeschooling but she is very sociable outside of school with other kids that live in our area..

She was just shy in school but that is because she is afraid of a few of the teachers there (teachers that are now being investigated for not doing their job properly) If those teacher were made to leave the school(which i doubt because they have been there for years, they taught me and have been getting away with the same things for years) i would send her back in a heart beat, she even says the same thing herself..

mummylala my girl is getting a dreadfull time as well

((((((((((((((for our kids)))))))))))))))))))

I don't think its a long term solution , I think kids need to be in school , however for the short term I can see how you have been pushed into doing something to save your little one getting bullied.

I hope she is ok and hope it stops , it breaks your heart doesnt it :mad:

mummylala

mummylala my girl is getting a dreadfull time as well

((((((((((((((for our kids)))))))))))))))))))

I don't think its a long term solution , I think kids need to be in school , however for the short term I can see how you have been pushed into doing something to save your little one getting bullied.

I hope she is ok and hope it stops , it breaks your heart doesnt it :mad:

I hate every minute of seeing her being so sad, and the thing that gave me the last push was when she turned round and told me that she wish she hadnt been born.. That really made my heart sink ::(:

I was so angry with the school when she said it because it was said after her teacher decided to humiliate her..

I get so frustrated because no one is doing anything to stop some of these teachers acting the way they do, a lot of parents shout about what some of the teachers do/dont do but they wont come forward and say anything..

Vecis

Because of my math problems Dyscalculia I had home schooling at maths. I attended school but I took math individually. Other kids in class hate it. The harassed me but I made it to last grade and now I have finished university.

I hate every minute of seeing her being so sad, and the thing that gave me the last push was when she turned round and told me that she wish she hadnt been born.. That really made my heart sink

ahh thats so awful :mad:

emily told me when they were doing tudor times at school that if she could go back to those days she would ask to be executed ::(: thats not what you want to be hearing !!!!!

but for your teachers to be doing it :eek: I CAN understand why you want home schooling.

I hope your ok mummylala xx

Last edited:

mummylala

ahh thats so awful :mad:

emily told me when they were doing tudor times at school that if she could go back to those days she would ask to be executed ::(: thats not what you want to be hearing !!!!!

but for your teachers to be doing it :eek: I CAN understand why you want home schooling.

I am the only consistent thing in my daughters life , and today , fathers day , it makes me sad that she aint special enough to anyone to do what other kids do !! Sometimes life just doesn't pan out for them the way you want it to does it.

I hope your ok mummylala xx

Im ok, just really angry at the education system over here, it drives me crazy..

How old is your daughter???

she is 11 ., but we only moved to this city 2 yrs ago , and basically it was a case of her trying to fit into a class full of established kids , and it didnt work !!

in the first 6 mnths she has snot rubbed in her hair , her lunch tipped on the floor , her chest grabbed , called every low life ,useless, fat , thick, ugly misfit there is.

I took 2 yrs but they finally cought one girl ( who was always at the root of it) lying about emily , and she was made to stand up in class and admit she had been making up stories to the teachers and other kids about what emily " was supposed to have done/said"

It seemed to get better for a while , but bit by bit they are back on her . just last friday she had stones thrown at her head untill she broke down and a teacher saw what was happening and stopped it.

I despise the school ....

she leaves in a few week and will start high school in september , I have already asked that she be placed away from these girls !!

yours is still little ??

mummylala

she is 11 ., but we only moved to this city 2 yrs ago , and basically it was a case of her trying to fit into a class full of established kids , and it didnt work !!

in the first 6 mnths she has snot rubbed in her hair , her lunch tipped on the floor , her chest grabbed , called every low life ,useless, fat , thick, ugly misfit there is.

The parents of the kids that do this must be so proud :rolleyes: (have you ever spoken to any of them) That is madness,
Bobby has never been abused in that way, its all been verbally, but its all the same at the end of the day it still hits the kids hard.

Bobby is only 9, i feel awful that she has to put up with all this crap along with all the other stuff she needs to put up with because of her cleft lip and palate, i wish i could go through it all for her at times

oh poor bobby ....( I have come straight from the pmt thread so dont expect a dry eye !!)

:eek:

the problem was for us , the school verbally responded with all the right punishments but I wanted the parents brought in and I just got fobbed off , it would appear (in the uk) once that official letter has been written to parents etc its becomes official , offsted are notified and it drops the schools ratings !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so they avoid getting the parents in as much as possible.

I threatened them with the papers and the police in the end and action was taken.

verbal abuse is as bad if not worse than physical abuse in my mind , none are good for out little people , but mental abuse gets in their little heads , its so cruel.

I wasnt aware your bobby had a cleft palate lala and I am gutted for you that she gets that crap thrown at her.

You stay strong for your girl .

mummylala

oh poor bobby ....( I have come straight from the pmt thread so dont expect a dry eye !!)

:eek:

the problem was for us , the school verbally responded with all the right punishments but I wanted the parents brought in and I just got fobbed off , it would appear (in the uk) once that official letter has been written to parents etc its becomes official , offsted are notified and it drops the schools ratings !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so they avoid getting the parents in as much as possible.

I threatened them with the papers and the police in the end and action was taken.

verbal abuse is as bad if not worse than physical abuse in my mind , none are good for out little people , but mental abuse gets in their little heads , its so cruel.

I wasnt aware your bobby had a cleft palate lala and I am gutted for you that she gets that crap thrown at her.

You stay strong for your girl .

Well when we went to the school about bobby's bullying and other things that were going on we were told "Never believe what children say" this sent me mad, i wanted to reach for someone throat, im very bad tempered so i try and let hubby deal with most of the confrontation...

So therefore the school wouldn't even send the official letter to the other parents.. Me being the bad tempered bitch that i am could have went to the parents myself but i would have just tried to kill someone and made things a lot worse lol..

Our local school is a joke, they fob everyone off, everyone that isn't on the P.T.A and everyone that doesnt contribute big funds to the school that is.. Its a really bad school, it needs shut down, or a new principal and vice principal

She has been getting crap thrown at her about the cleft since she was tiny, and believe it or not the adults can be as bad as kids... She would get comments from ignorant adults pointing and asking her questions about how she got her scar.. She deals with that rather well, just tells them she was born with a cleft lip and walks off lol...

well it sounds pretty much the same scenario regarding the school as it is for me !!

how can adults do it ..its crazy !!

I tend to blow up as well , I have been seen marching to the school like a crazy lady on many an occasion :eek: