Holding grudges

slimjim119

Wondering if other SA sufferers tend to hold grudges against people. Because we are extra sensitive and sometimes pissed off at society in general. Or are you harder on yourself. I tend to be harder on myself. Both are stressful, but holding a grudge is not worth it to me. I'll avoid negative people whenever possible.

bleach

Banned
It depends.

I can forgive many things, but disrespect is generally a good way to get on my permanent shit-list. Screwing me over, lying about something important, or telling mean-spirited jokes that are designed to make me angry are all in that category. I don't like being taken for granted or made to feel small, and become VERY RESENTFUL of people that do so.

Not really looking to change this, either...

recluse

Ohhh yes! I certainly do, i'm sticking pins in a doll right this moment.......Only joking! I do hold grudges against people who have said bad things to me....Even from my school days!

cobalt_bluester

I get angry at society for generally not, or appear not to understanding depression and social anxiety. I also get angry that I feel I am being negatively evalutated for something that is not my fault.

cobalt_bluester

recluse said:
Ohhh yes! I certainly do, i'm sticking pins in a doll right this moment.......Only joking! I do hold grudges against people who have said bad things to me....Even from my school days!

I can remember being bullied at school by one guy in particular, a still to this day (20 years on) I have a grudge against him and fantasize about beating him to a pulp!! I know it's terrible, but I feel he deserves that I truly do!!!!

BreakingFree

O, yes, big time! I even think of ways I will punish them to get even! Of course I need to be all powerful, so to take away the jobs of those meany people at work! :lol: I wish!

Doomed2Die

Nope, grudges only make circumstances (real or not) worse. And causes friction for the future and generally is a unhealthy mindset that fuels hate (insert StarWars Jedi ideology here).

I see not point of it, let bygones be bygones and all that.

CPA23

I can totally relate to holding grudges, esepcially during my junior high and high school days. I can remember some events that have happened to every detail even though most people don't remember. I also picture myself seeing the people now that have done me wrong in the past and wanting to vent out my frustration. But feeling this way does not help SA at all. I could hold grudges against a lot of people, but believe me, it just makes things worse (I learned the hard way.)

The best thing to do is to just to move on with your life. My life has been far from perfect and I'm sure every human that has walked the face of the earth has experienced being bitter or vengeful at some point in their lives. Even though it is hard, you must move on and try to do better in the future.

It's funny because I am guilty of being so angry in the present for something that happened 10 or 15 years ago. Being angry does absolutely no good as it was actually harming being because I became very stressed and irritable. This stress is multiplied by 10 when it comes to people with SA.

kyle

Banned
Grudges are very unhealthy. it increases your chance of a heart attack or other stress related illness.

Deathnote

I have a stack of grudges, if someone has wronged me just once they go on 'the list' so to speak. I ignore these people and distance myself - not very healthy at all but it's self-assurance they can never do it again. I find it difficult to forgive and forget... the hate just erupts everytime I think about any of them.

cobalt_bluester

Hi. I tend to hold grudges against people who don't give me the time of day, even though I have tried to be friendly to them and win their friendship. I think these are selfish people indeed.

strawberrybrunette

I hold grudges longer, and far more furiously, than anyone else i know. It's way up there on the list of my worst character flaws. For example, this girl i've known since i was about five, she used to pick on me a bit. She was very popular and well-liked (well, obviously, not well-liked by me or my friends, but everyone else loved her) Nearly twelve years on, i still haven't forgiven her, even though her character has completely changed and she's actually a very nice, thoughtful person now. I just can't let it go! What is wrong with me!?! 8O

I don't really hold grudges. I think I'm fortunate so far in my life where I never really got bullied or picked on in high school.