Hmm I think I'm insane

ShadowCookie

I keep on wishing for bad stuff happening to me and I don't know why because I don't want any of this stuff to happen to me, and it's hard to get them out of my head. it doesn't seem normal and it scares me:confused: any advice at all

feel free to move this if it's in wrong place

zlench

I get that all I get is the bad stuff in my head most of the time I can never get rid of it either. I try to think of the positve stuff in my life although it has got a bit better lately but I still remember all the **** stuff in my life.

DillJenkins

I have good news: your definitely not insane. Persons who are truly insane do not know this and cant even understand the concept of insanity.

It sounds more like your depressed cause you wish for bad things to happen to you. Could you be a bit more specific aboot the bad things you wish to happen? This could potentially be related to psychosis depending on the content of the "bad things".

Also it seems like you have an obsessive mind if you try to get the thoughts out of your mind but cannot.

My advice is to see a doctor aboot this and get on some medicine. Also if you can afford it, go see a therapist.

Richey

yeh i think that if i have had an uneventful day where i didnt get much done or i've arrived home from work and felt i didnt make an impression or i just bored people then i start to imagine myself walking up to a hanging rope and i hold the noose, as if im about to hang myself, often i imagine myself holding a gun to my head too. wird because i'm not violent but i think its more just that feeling of wanting to leave the world for a bit or another way of expressing a desire to escape from my problems and possibly fleeting feelings of self hatred etc all that messy business.

hoddesdon

Actually, there was a time some time ago when I had the same idea, but was told by a Professor of Psychology that it is not true.

LockieKermit

maybe...but if hes always thinking about it, and there horrible thoughts, and that scares him...he could be Pure-O or OCD which means he's not going insane.