Hi

LostGirlNZ

New here but not new to social anxiety. It has controlled my life for the last 6 years with no sign of stopping.

So, here I am and hello to you all.

Hello. I see that you are a
images

...Sorry. I'm in a weird mood. Welcome to the forum :)

LostGirlNZ

Ah, a few Aussies here I see. I've been to Oz twice and absolutely loved it both times, apart from all the bugs... And the accents :eek:mg:

Thanks for the nice welcome everyone.

MikeyC

Ah, a few Aussies here I see. I've been to Oz twice and absolutely loved it both times, apart from all the bugs... And the accents :eek:mg:
There's not many bugs, haha. Glad you enjoyed your times here. Where did you go in Australia?

LostGirlNZ

The first time was when I was a kid and we did the whole tourist thing on the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast. I loved Noosa... We went to a little marketplace and there was a band playing that I fell inlove with called Tribal Trance.

The second time we went to Melbourne for my 18th birthday and I thought the city was gorgeous. The tram cars would wail through the night and sound like ghosts. Lovely city to walk around in.

As for bugs... In Noosa the footpaths would be covered in shiny green beetles in the evening and you had to pick your way through them. I've never seen anything like it.

MikeyC

The first time was when I was a kid and we did the whole tourist thing on the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast. I loved Noosa... We went to a little marketplace and there was a band playing that I fell inlove with called Tribal Trance.

The second time we went to Melbourne for my 18th birthday and I thought the city was gorgeous. The tram cars would wail through the night and sound like ghosts. Lovely city to walk around in.

As for bugs... In Noosa the footpaths would be covered in shiny green beetles in the evening and you had to pick your way through them. I've never seen anything like it.
Noosa is fantastic. Been there only once for one afternoon and I loved it. Gold Coast I've been to a bunch of times. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Melbourne is a great city, too. Lots to eat down there! I'll be returning there in less than a week.

Sounds like your experiences in Australia have been quite positive, despite the bugs. :)