Hi there :)

Divine

So, I just happened to stumble upon this forum and i'm glad I did. It's nice to see that there are a lot of people out there like me when for so long I felt alone and like an outcast. I'm not completely sure if I have SA, in fact I've never been to a psychiatrist to find out, but I will tell you I have something pretty close to it.

Just a little bit about me, I've been shy for as long as I can remember and now I'm 19, a college student, and have terrible social skills. I hate going places with a lot of people out of fear of social interaction because I just don't know how to function. I'm getting better with being social, but much of my life hasn't been very joyful, especially high school. To make things worse I have a large family filled with extroverts who always push me and push me to get out of my "shyness," though without them I think I'd be a lot worse than I am now. My case may not be as bad as some others on here, but I'm hoping that I can contribute to the forum and that possibly the forum will help me as well. Happy to be here. :)

MikeyC

Welcome to SPW, Divine. Shyness can be made worse when your family are opposites. I hope you enjoy the forum.

Tulicks

Welcome to the forums, you sound a lot like me. I have terrible social skills and everyone in my family except me are extroverts.