hi everyone, looking forward to being an active member here

Dorothea

Hi everyone,

Nice to meet you. I came to this website in 2015 I think and a lot of the posts really resonated with me, but when I tried to register, there was some problem halfway through and my account was always in limbo and my messages to the mods never went through. It wasn't until 2-3 years later that I finally got it resolved.

I'm 36 yo, always procrastinating and escaping into some fantasy world. I like watching movies, reading, writing, etc. I can deal with social situations when they're really required, but it also depends on the people. I'm very close (too close) with my coworkers, but they've ostracized me in some peculiar ways over the years and it's had a horrendous effect on my mental state. We're all still really close "friends," but I just never know when I'll be randomly thrown out of the group again for an indefinite period. So I've come to try to avoid hanging out with this group, but they just won't leave me alone and are always somehow dragging me to their hangouts.

Things are ok at the moment, but I travel a lot for family reasons at the moment and so I end up doing a lot of my work remotely (I do computational work which involves programming mostly), which is very tiring and isolating and lonely.

OK, I guess that's enough for now. Nice to meet you!

Dorothea

Hot_Tamale

Nice to meet you. I had always wanted to get into programming too when I was in high school. I wonder how my life would be different today had I done so. I hope you enjoy your stay.

theoutsider

Hi everyone,

Nice to meet you. I came to this website in 2015 I think and a lot of the posts really resonated with me, but when I tried to register, there was some problem halfway through and my account was always in limbo and my messages to the mods never went through. It wasn't until 2-3 years later that I finally got it resolved.

I'm 36 yo, always procrastinating and escaping into some fantasy world. I like watching movies, reading, writing, etc. I can deal with social situations when they're really required, but it also depends on the people. I'm very close (too close) with my coworkers, but they've ostracized me in some peculiar ways over the years and it's had a horrendous effect on my mental state. We're all still really close "friends," but I just never know when I'll be randomly thrown out of the group again for an indefinite period. So I've come to try to avoid hanging out with this group, but they just won't leave me alone and are always somehow dragging me to their hangouts.

Things are ok at the moment, but I travel a lot for family reasons at the moment and so I end up doing a lot of my work remotely (I do computational work which involves programming mostly), which is very tiring and isolating and lonely.

OK, I guess that's enough for now. Nice to meet you!

Dorothea

Nice to meet you too Dorothea. I can relate to your co-worker situation. If you ever want to talk further, I'm happy to listen.

Last edited: