Hi all

Hello everyone. Im new to this site and to really opening up about my SA so I hope I do ok. ^_^'''

Well My SA started when I was about in middle school. Its progressed as the years went by. It was pretty bad in highschool. My 11th and 12th grade years I didnt eat lunch at all. I just went and sat in the library. In college I didnt eat in the cafeteria either. I just felt very uncomfortable in large groups of ppl. Large as in more than 5 xD.

Now Im 25 and Im finally trying to confront my SA. My family has been complaining about me and since I never told anyone about my SA they just thought I was being snobby.

All the issues I've been dealing with just came to a boiling point and I cant take it anymore. i have to actually will myself to leave my room to do anything other than go to the bathroom or eat. I can tolerate stores but not longer than 3minutes an hour at the max.

I just went for profession treatment about a week ago. Its been a up and down roller-coaster since then and I think my family is still in shock.

I really hope this will be a great place to talk with people who have similar issues with SA (I have agoraphobia for those interested) before my group counseling starts.

Lets be great friends!

DeadmanWalking

Hello and welcome to the forum:)! I may not have agoraphobia myself, there are some on here who do so you have some similar friends on here. I hope that you enjoy it here and make some truly important friends.

Srijita52

Hi and welcome to SPW. I'm sorry about what you're going through. I hope things get better, all of us are here for you. :)

Thanks everyone for your support! I've been lurking on this site for a while now to scared to actually admit what was going on with me. So glad I did. Its not going to be a easy fight by any means, but I intend to win!

Nathália

Hello and welcome! :-D

All of that sounds very similar to my story.
Hope you get better and enjoy the forums. :)

Ignace

Welcome here. :) Good to see you're positive ;) I'm also SA/agoraphobic btw, join the club. ::p: