Hey, I'm back. Not feeling well.

OceanMist

I just wanted to let everyone know that I've been more depressed lately.

I just got back from a basketball game I played in and feel down because I feel like the only person on the team who doesn't have conversations with any of the people at the games.

I'm so lonely that I just wanted to talk to someone about this because I don't really have any friends. I guess I'm disappointed too, because I thought I'd make friends with my teammates, but instead it feels like they are more of just aquaintances because we never really talk to eachother during timeouts or before or after the games.

I'm second guessing myself now, because part of the reason I joined this league was in hope of making friends, but now I'm questioning whether I'm even capable of making friends.

This is just a story of my life right now, and I may add more later.

I felt something today, and I realized something. I've been depressed for years because I don't have any close friends. I think that's why I'm depressed.

OceanMist

If I can't make friends in a basketball rec league, then where can I make friends? That's what I'm asking myself.

I feel like a coward.

I too don't have friends bcz i am a misfit/an outsider. Moreover i stammer quite badly which literally negates any chance of making friends. I know i was borne alone live alone and die alone..nobody likes to be friend me cz i am stoic. i am only living to die..that's the naked truth...bye

jaim38

What are your other hobbies besides basketball? If you're into books, you can try meeting people at the library or bookstore. That's where I met some of my friends.

neardeath

we step out and get knocked down. I made a couple new friends but they are causing huge anxiety and boundary issues. Now things are worse than before! (lol) It just comes out in different ways for all of us. Hang in there!

OceanMist

What are your other hobbies besides basketball? If you're into books, you can try meeting people at the library or bookstore. That's where I met some of my friends.

I don't like reading books and never do read books.

I like playing video games and watching movies, but I don't know where those things would meet in my city.

I like drinking beer, but I've gone to bars and I didn't fit in at all.

OceanMist

I too don't have friends bcz i am a misfit/an outsider. Moreover i stammer quite badly which literally negates any chance of making friends. I know i was borne alone live alone and die alone..nobody likes to be friend me cz i am stoic. i am only living to die..that's the naked truth...bye

Nobody was born to be alone. We are all designed to be social creatures.

Sure, some people are more shy than others, but we still have an ingrained need for a social life in order to live in a healthy mental manner.

There are some people who would want to be your friend at least. Same with me and everyone else.

It sounds like we are both in a shatty situation but I refuse to just give up. I've had friends before so I believe there must be some way to get friends again.

OceanMist

Today, I see that a change needs to be in order. I need to join some type of social group and change my loner behavior to a certain extent.

I need to find a way to do this, and where and when to do it.

neardeath

Today, I see that a change needs to be in order. I need to join some type of social group and change my loner behavior to a certain extent.

I need to find a way to do this, and where and when to do it.

I decided to do this recently after attending an outpatient program. I've been getting out a lot more, so I am busier and preoccupied, but not sure if progress has been made. My thinking is the same, I'm just used to getting out of the comfort zone. I have been volunteering for various things at a really busy church, going to NAMI support group, and trying to say yes if someone invites me to do something. My kid visited yesterday and that even makes me uncomfortable! Hope you find the time and places for some new opportunities.

OceanMist

Hey. I'm alone again, sitting here at my computer on a Sunday morning. Yesterday I really got to realizing how I don't have a social life, because I just sat at my house and watched tv all day after work (work was a very short hour and a half).

Some people may say, just go out and find friends, but haha, it's not that easy for someone like me. I am not comfortable approaching people in a bar yet, don't know if I ever will be. It would be even more awkward to approach people in grocery stores and is not something I am planning on doing.

A big thing is I'm applying for another job, and the places I've been applying will have other people working there so this could give me a shot at meeting some people.

I'm still in a recreational basketball league, and that will be every monday night. Mostly the same guys will be on the team. Unfortunately, I haven't really made friends with those guys. More just aquaintances.

If the new job thing doesn't work, I'm going to have to keep on trying, I guess. I'm almost recovered from injuries and I hear there is a running club I can join so that could be another opportunity.

At this point, it's nice to know that there are still options.

I just want to be and feel normal with a normal group of friends that I can trust.

OceanMist

I'm also going to be moving into an apartment complex in two months for six months, so maybe that could result in a friendship(s).