Help in buying a used car?

w*n*c*a*m

Hi, a friend wants to sell her Toyota Yaris 2013 for 14000 aud coz she's going overseas soon so it's a rush sale. The mileage is less than 7000 and the car is in good condition... is it a good deal???

that doesn't sound like a terrible deal. they go for about 16,000 usd here.

do you need a car? do you like this car? do you wanna buy it and try to sell it off for a profit?

w*n*c*a*m

I like the car and I want to buy it for personal use. It will be my first car. I just don't know if I'm getting a good deal. Personally, for me it's a yes but I just want to ask other people's opinion coz I might have missed something. One friend told me that I can buy a demo car for that price but I searched online and I couldn't find a 14000 aud automatic Yaris 2013 car within 7k below mileage. The cheaper ones are manual cars. I just checked online so I'm not sure if there will be a cheaper deal if I go to car yard sale.

well, i don't really know much about the australian market, but if i just convert the money and act like you're someone in my area, it's a pretty good deal.

[EDIT]: especially at 7000 miles. that's not really enough time for them to cause much trouble for you to deal with. unless they drove around with the parking brake on or didn't know cars needed oil or some other crazy thing.

w*n*c*a*m

well, i don't really know much about the australian market, but if i just convert the money and act like you're someone in my area, it's a pretty good deal.

[EDIT]: especially at 7000 miles. that's not really enough time for them to cause much trouble for you to deal with. unless they drove around with the parking brake on or didn't know cars needed oil or some other crazy thing.

That's what I think. I only got discouraged when a friend said I can buy a demo car for the same price. So far I couldn't find a recent Yaris model with low mileage within the same price range except manual cars.

theoutsider

See if your friend will come down to 13000. Toyotas are very reliable cars so it sounds like a good deal as is but it's always good to see if you can get a better price.

Hi, a friend wants to sell her Toyota Yaris 2013 for 14000 aud coz she's going overseas soon so it's a rush sale. The mileage is less than 7000 and the car is in good condition... is it a good deal???

This would prob still be under warranty, so you would want to get that transferred to you and any problems fixed before it runs out

Has it been serviced at all since 2013?

Also, is the car still under a loan, and what would that mean to the sale?

This would prob still be under warranty, so you would want to get that transferred to you and any problems fixed before it runs out

good point, i didn't even think about a loan.

also, a good point about a warranty. i've never owned anything near "new", so that thought would've never occurred to me.

P.S.- outsider, i like your thinking. you wanna go to a flea market with me sometime? :D

w*n*c*a*m

I don't know if it has been serviced. Yes, it is still under warranty and loan but my friend will pay the remaining 12500 before she sells me the car for 14000. She even told me that I can just continue the payment if I like but with my many expenses, I couldn't manage a 540 per month. The best I can do is get a car loan and ask for a longer duration so I can pay less monthly but when tax season comes I can just pay the remaining full amount early to avoid the huge interest.

Anyway, after asking for other's advice, I've decided not to buy it since I've seen that I can even buy a Toyota Yaris 2014 demo car for like 15000-16000 with lesser mileage... which means that 14000 is not that bad but I can manage to wait till I really have enough money to buy a car without getting a loan. I don't have to rush.

Having said that maybe some of you are interested? :giggle:

Metal_isthe_Answer

It sounds like a really good deal. My Challenger was a 2010 with 40,000 (got it in '13 and it still has under 60k on it) and its in great shape, I may not like it as much as my old Mustang but its really good.
I cant imagine there would be leaks or any major thing wrong with the oil filters or anything like that, but it might not be too bad of an idea to have it checked out if you get it. Most places around here go over the cars brakes, alignment, tires, air filters, and oil filters when you get an oil change.