Help, Boyfriends an Dink, Whats your perspective???

MercySparx

I don't know how to deal with this. I'm not thinking clearly due to uncontrollable anger and frustrations:

Me
I'm srsly sick. The doctors are preparing me for the worst, and for a long road ahead. Nervous system disorders don't usually have an easy fix or happy ending. Peripheal nueropathy is usually just a symptom of a bigger problem.

The Boyfriend
**** dude. That's too much to handle at your age.

Me
I wasn't trying to just vent I was getting at something with my speel. I'm giving you an out. (7 hours later) Guess you can just get back to me on that one.

The Boyfriend
You realize I don't always read my messages, right? They're quasi-emails. So if I don't get to one and you bug me because I didn't reply fast enough, I'll just take longer because it pisses me off to be under a timeline. I'll reply when I can sit down and put some thought into it.

Me
Yes, I do realize. You don't have to be a contemptuous ******* about it.
You realize facebook is our only form of communication, right? When I'm forced to drop something heavy on you with this impersonal format, waiting 7 hours for a response leaves me with quite a bit of anxiety and frustration to deal with.

The Boyfriend
How? Who's being more contemptuous of the other, one that gets irked when they aren't attended to immediately, or the one that asks, albeit bluntly, for a degree of consideration when it comes to something as trivial as replying to a message on a social networking site? I am the cat that walks by himself, I will not come when called, and I am certainly nobody's dog when it comes to obeying commands. Misogyny and misandry go hand in hand.

Me
You know what? **** you. How about that?

The Boyfriend
Yeah, but the thing you don't realize is that I wake up to 50+ messages, missed calls, and texts on both phones, on top of studying for my math final and dealing with the bull**** line of work I volunteered myself for. So I apologize that I can't attend immediately, but I'll take that '**** you' under advisement.

Everyone's got their own fight, it's just a fact of life.

Me
You missed my scarface reference completely and all that doesn't justify the amount of dink you are being.

The Boyfriend
And you're a shining example of a human being? You're going through ****, yes, and I try to be there for you but every time I try to be there you act as if it's just a bootycall. Where's the respect? I can't seem to do right and I just get landed on when I make any attempt. Thanks mom, I'll just **** off and let you deal with it yourself if all I am in your eyes is a pig. 'hanging out' doesn't specify sex, it means hanging the **** out. I am aware of how much of a prick I'm being. You aren't aware of how much of a silly git you're being. But hey, your problems overshadow mine and I should just shut up and cater to you, right? I'm getting angrier and angrier the more I think about this.

Me
I have absolutely no idea what you are ****ing talking about

The Boyfriend
Apparently.

Me
Really? Thats your response? When someone tells you they don't know what you are ****ing talking about, that means that you ****ing elaborate and explain what you are ****ing talking about.

The Boyfriend
I'm leaving this until I cool down.

Me
Fine. I'll do my best and try not to bug you with my misandry and constant crys for attention.

The last message I sent was 24 hours ago

attachment.php

DaveBangHead.gif

Successful communication in a relationship is really, really difficult.

I've only had one partner in my life and that ended in a shipwreck, so I'm sorry I am not qualified to give you any advice.
Sorry to read you and your boyfriend are going through a difficult time ::(:

MercySparx

attachment.php

DaveBangHead.gif

Successful communication in a relationship is really, really difficult.

I've only had one partner in my life and that ended in a shipwreck, so I'm sorry I am not qualified to give you any advice.
Sorry to read you and your boyfriend are going through a difficult time ::(:

LOL that picture is PERFECT. I'm just going to send that to him.

Kinetik

Leave. I don't understand why either of you put up with that sort of treatment from each other. Isn't it far too infantile to be attractive? I've had relationships with recurring dialogues like this and they've all ended up being a waste of time. Besides which, you two sound far too similar. I don't know about you, but that turns me off.

Of course, I don't know the ins-and-outs, or the total picture. If that's all good, then that might offset the occasional childish exchange. But if you're constantly butting heads and both of you are fighting to be right, then I think you've reached the end of the road.

MercySparx

Leave. I don't understand why either of you put up with that sort of treatment from each other. Isn't it far too infantile to be attractive? I've had relationships with recurring dialogues like this and they've all ended up being a waste of time. Besides which, you two sound far too similar. I don't know about you, but that turns me off.

Of course, I don't know the ins-and-outs, or the total picture. If that's all good, then that might offset the occasional childish exchange. But if you're constantly butting heads and both of you are fighting to be right, then I think you've reached the end of the road.

Hmm I thought I was being clever and a little humorous... Especially when I quoted scarface.

Kinetik

Well I know a lot of people need these sorts of relationships to stay fulfilled because the pain does something positive to them - what it is, I'm not sure. But it's a kind of self-sacrifice (much like cutting or whatever) that feels good somehow because there are endless challenges involved. If that's the case with you, then by all means keep going as you're going. At least you didn't call him a ****ing cockroach yet. Or are you saving that one? :D

MercySparx

Well I know a lot of people need these sorts of relationships to stay fulfilled because the pain does something positive to them - what it is, I'm not sure. But it's a kind of self-sacrifice (much like cutting or whatever) that feels good somehow because there are endless challenges involved. If that's the case with you, then by all means keep going as you're going. At least you didn't call him a ****ing cockroach yet. Or are you saving that one? :D

lol I actually do pick horribly boyfriends, but this one was the "nice guy" I retrieved out of the friend-zone. We've been friends for years, and I invested alot of hope and expectations into this relation****.

N0D

Banned
did you notice you both kind of allowed each other to change the subject and start fighting about something completely irrelevant and in my opinion kind of dumb while avoiding talking about the serious thing you actually wanted to need to talk about? :rolleyes:

megalon

If it's true what he says about the excessive amount of messages and texts and missed calls, and the part about always feeling like he's just a booty call, It's understandable how he could be upset. He still fails to address the reason you sent him the first message though.

I hope it turns out alright for you with this nervous system disorder you mentioned.

Pookah

To me it sounds like he doesn't know how to treat a girlfriend. I don't know what boyfriend/girlfriend lumps their partner in with the other messages they get during the day.

Rembrandt Broam

"the cat who walks by himself"

Yeah, that one made me LOL. It's a great line though. I think I might have to use it myself should the situation arise.

"Why are you so quiet? Why do you never hang out with other people?"

"Because I'm the cat who walks by himself."

Should stop any comebacks dead in their tracks. ;)

MikeyC

To me, the argument seemed quite trivial and neither one of you got to the main topic at hand. Hopefully you two can work it out.

Silatuyok

I'll have to agree with this post.

"the cat who walks by himself"

lol!

MercySparx

If it's true what he says about the excessive amount of messages and texts and missed calls, and the part about always feeling like he's just a booty call, It's understandable how he could be upset. He still fails to address the reason you sent him the first message though.

I hope it turns out alright for you with this nervous system disorder you mentioned.

You've got that all mixed up. I ONLY send him messages on facebook, and he's bitching because I made a passive-aggressive comment on the length of time he was taking to get back to me. I don't text. Ever. Also, he said that when he ASKS ME TO HANGOUT he thinks that I FEEL like hes TREATING ME like a bootycall.

MercySparx

To me it sounds like he doesn't know how to treat a girlfriend. I don't know what boyfriend/girlfriend lumps their partner in with the other messages they get during the day.

I know right? I'm not a needy girlfriend, I have actually been accused in every other relationship of being too unavaliable. I'm really experiencing the shoe on the other foot here.... I am soo sorry I want to talk to my boyfriend once in a ****ing blue moon over the internet? We have never spoken on the phone since we started dating, except when I get smashed, drunk dial him and then come over and pass out.

megalon

You've got that all mixed up. I ONLY send him messages on facebook, and he's bitching because I made a passive-aggressive comment on the length of time he was taking to get back to me. I don't text. Ever. Also, he said that when he ASKS ME TO HANGOUT he thinks that I FEEL like hes TREATING ME like a bootycall.

::eek:: My bad. I thought he meant all the messages were from you.

I feel like a creeper reading and commenting on a personal conversation between strangers so I'm gonna stay out of threads like this.

MercySparx

I'm not mad anymore because the doctors just put me on new medication for said undiagnosed condition. One of them shuts off my nerves or something and the other is oxys. I still haven't adjusted to them, so I'm not really mad at anything anymore and I find myself to be really funny. I think I'm just going to send him a picture of my boobs and write "These are my boobs, they look like they have eyes now"