Hello~

Seri

I actually found this site while looking up teeth filing, but it seems like a pretty nifty spot. Warning, I'm a rambler.

I am 26, and have anxiety. My doctor also puts me as anorexic, but with that it's more that I have a lot of trouble putting on weight due to my IBS and just getting lazy or forgetting to eat. I certainly don't have any desire to lose weight or anything.

I suspect that I have social anxiety (though I also just dislike being around people) and OCD, though I've never mentioned this or the reasons why I suspect these to my doctor. I've had the same doctor all my life and find it difficult to bring things like that up (I always try to seem as normal as possible, it was difficult enough getting him to know about the anxiety), I also don't want to seem like a hypochondriac and made to feel like I'm making things up. I have some bouts of paranoia and get migraines a lot too. Oh, and I've been told that I might have a mild form of bipolar (my mother has it), but it affects me in a strange way since my moods mostly stay flat, but my energy levels go up and down.

I used to see a counsellor but ran out of sessions so I've been handling things myself since then. I used to hate using phones and managed to mostly rid myself of that, though I still don't instantly go to a phone if it rings, prefer that others pick it up, and don't have a cel phone. I've also allowed myself to be half pushed into things that I didn't really want to do involving helping co-facilitate some things and being in charge of people a little more. I force myself to make eye contact or at least pretend to when talking to people, even though I still hate it.

Basically a way I figured out to help me with a lot of my problems was to take the choice out of my hands. I have a huge problem with making decisions under pressure partially because people don't listen to me most of the time anyway. So, I often leave things to chance. Say someone mentioned doing something, if they remember to bring the subject up again I'll agree, if they forget I won't remind them and will not have to do it. This ends up making me do a lot of things I wouldn't normally want to do, but it takes a lot of the stress out of things and I think works out well in the end.

But other than all that I love drawing, making up stories and collecting things. I mainly stick to the sci-fi and fantasy genres for my games and reading, but I'll watch almost any type of movie as long as I find it mildly entertaining. I collect my little ponies, ball-jointed dolls (a few pullips and tonners too), and anime/movie/game figures and statues. I also have a small collection of rocks/gemstones that I would love to get more of one day, and years old, abandoned stamp and foreign coin collections sitting around somewhere. I guess you could almost say that I collect art supplies too, and I like getting an original artwork or two if I see that an artist I like is selling.

Hm, I adore my pet cats too and poke around at the garden now and then.

Oh yes, I am absolutely horrible at socializing with people. If put in a social situation I'm most likely to give one word responses and end up sitting and drawing until I can get away and go home.

Anyhow, I guess I'll just see how this goes.

But other than all that I love drawing, making up stories and collecting things. I mainly stick to the sci-fi and fantasy genres for my games and reading, but I'll watch almost any type of movie as long as I find it mildly entertaining. I collect my little ponies, ball-jointed dolls (a few pullips and tonners too), and anime/movie/game figures and statues. I also have a small collection of rocks/gemstones that I would love to get more of one day, and years old, abandoned stamp and foreign coin collections sitting around somewhere. I guess you could almost say that I collect art supplies too, and I like getting an original artwork or two if I see that an artist I like is selling.

That is a nice collection of hobbies. Do you have a favourite genre of film? And I've started hundreds of collections. I end up collecting about two things then forgetting about it ::p:. The largest collection of things I have are Yu-gi-oh Cards.

Oh lord :rolleyes:

Seri

Thank you :D

latte: My migraines are usually triggered by stress but it would be great if I could gain weight and not have as many migraines too. And I wasn't aware of the picture forum, I'll be sure to have a look around :)

pebblesdundee: Hmm, I like fantasy and sci-fi films, but also action films, anything supernaturalish (which can be like sci-fi and fantasy combined), and I actually like watching horror movies too. I'm pretty tolerant with them as long as they're not really really awful. In movies I can something thought provoking and well written with a good plot, characters, music and atmosphere. But I can enjoy a movie with lots of things exploding and people fighting or monsters popping up just as much. My view on movies is that they're made to entertain you, so even if they're not terribly good you might as well try and enjoy what you can of it, even if you're just laughing at how bad it is.

Anyway, if I had to pick something I'd say sci-fi is my favourite film genre. It can have an interesting story and lots of explosions etc. Occasionally you'll get some awesome looking robots too which is always a bonus.

With collections I try to only collect what I like, not everything. That way I find that I look forward to getting new bits and pieces. And of course it means I have a little more space :p That being said though my collections are still quite large :D

upndwn

Great to have you with us Seri :)

Fantasy and sci-fi are my favorite genres as well :D

pebblesdundee: Hmm, I like fantasy and sci-fi films, but also action films, anything supernaturalish (which can be like sci-fi and fantasy combined), and I actually like watching horror movies too. I'm pretty tolerant with them as long as they're not really really awful. In movies I can something thought provoking and well written with a good plot, characters, music and atmosphere. But I can enjoy a movie with lots of things exploding and people fighting or monsters popping up just as much. My view on movies is that they're made to entertain you, so even if they're not terribly good you might as well try and enjoy what you can of it, even if you're just laughing at how bad it is.

Anyway, if I had to pick something I'd say sci-fi is my favourite film genre. It can have an interesting story and lots of explosions etc. Occasionally you'll get some awesome looking robots too which is always a bonus.

With collections I try to only collect what I like, not everything. That way I find that I look forward to getting new bits and pieces. And of course it means I have a little more space :p That being said though my collections are still quite large :D

I'm starting to like you a lot :D.

But right now I don't have the guts to send you a message.

I think that may be a first for me lol

Dark_Angel

Welcome Seri ^^ i like fantasy too i mean not just watch anime but every kind of fantasy , many times i start to dream with my eyes open and then i just have to come back to the sad reality xD but well at lest some good fantasy ^^ and i like also animals even if one time a dog of my neighbour bite me =( well hope u will find good here

IGotSeoul

Hey Seri, welcome to the forum. I hope you find comfort here. I'm also well-polished at delivering one word responses when put under social pressure too.