hello everyone

cyndy

i am brand new here. i've been diagnosed with social phobia, panic disorder w/agoraphobia, and g.a.d. since 2002. but i suffered without a diagnosis for many years as i'm sure many of you also have.
i am on buspirone currently (not sure if it's helping or not) and klonopin (thank god for this drug), but i've tried celexa, zoloft, paxil, welbutrin, ativan, and trazodone.
anyway, here's me and i want to say i'm thankful for this site and others like it because it's the closest to group therapy that i'll ever get. at least for now.

Pink_Paula

Hi Cyndy!

Welcome to the site, there's loads of amazing people here for you to talk to and share your experiences with :)

Sinar_Matahari

Hi and welcome!

You a big Korn fan? I used to be really into them when I was a kid. Until now I have always thought the line went, "Here I am, different in this normal world. Why did you tease me and make me feel upset?"

I wonder if Jon Davis had any problems after having been picked on in school?

cyndy

thanks for the welcome everyone.
serafina--the line could very well be "upset" and not "absurd", but absurd is an awesome word (even though i've heard it too much when others are talking about me). i am a huge korn fan. jonathan davis went through so much all his life and he seems REALLY pissed about it, i can relate, lol. i know he was picked on and beat up all through high school. and of course the sexual abuse from the family friend. he seems not to have social phobia, being the frontman of a band. but who knows, alot of us who have sp have heard from people we tell that they had no idea, right? i've heard quotes from him on depression so i know he's suffered that.
i'll tell you that i listen to A LOT of korn when i'm really mad about how i am. it helps me realize that maybe i'm not just "born wrong" and maybe others' cruelty helped to shape this sculpture of crap that is my personality. i do recognize that much of it is probably the hardwiring of my brain, but i have had people be flat out hurtful to me for years and tear me down and i'm sure that has something to do with it.
sorry to ramble...it happens

Miami

Hey Cyndy,

Welcome!
I take buspirone too.
like pink paula said, there is alot of good people here.

-Matt

cyndy

since there is question about the lyrics, i changed my signature to another favorite song that has nothing to do with social phobia but any of us who have tried med after med may relate to this line from "coma white" by marilyn manson. another favorite. told you i was absurd. ha

cyndy

matt, how do you feel about the buspirone? so many say it's a glorified sugar pill, but i notice a strange difference...
my anxiety goes away, but the avoidant behavior gets worse. it's like i'm not too afraid to go out, i (as usual) avoid eye contact and conversation but have no anxiety about it. it's wierd. something maybe i should take to the medication forum.

Miami

matt, how do you feel about the buspirone? so many say it's a glorified sugar pill, but i notice a strange difference...
my anxiety goes away, but the avoidant behavior gets worse. it's like i'm not too afraid to go out, i (as usual) avoid eye contact and conversation but have no anxiety about it. it's wierd. something maybe i should take to the medication forum.

Ive heard that too but Ive noticed that im more anxious/nervous when I forget to take it (even when I dont realize that I forgot to take it). So I figure that it works for me.

cyndy

i'm glad it helps you matt.
i should be glad that i get any relief at all from a medication. i'm used to clonazepam which not only takes away the anxiety but also the inhibitions. maybe the avoidant behaviors i have mentioned are just a part of me now after years of having them. of course now would be the perfect time to work on cbt since my anxiety level is low. but i hate cbt...lol! it's sooooo hard and i always wonder if it's worth it. maybe it's just that " i yam what i yam" as popeye would say. lol

cyndy

thanks ravens. i see you're from the uk but the ravens are the nfl team for baltimore maryland and MY FAVORITE.
one time you will never see me quiet and without anything to say is during an NFL game. lol.