Having no friend..but not bothered by that fact?

Amitush123

Hello all,

Have not been posting much lately, sorry about that, although I do not think many have noticed
I am a kind of a loner..I meet with "friends" about once a week for football, but only for the sports and not for the social interaction,
Most of my days pass by without uttering a single word...
...And I don't mind it.

Anyone thinks that's weird?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Hello all,

Have not been posting much lately, sorry about that, although I do not think many have noticed
I am a kind of a loner..I meet with "friends" about once a week for football, but only for the sports and not for the social interaction,
...And I don't mind it.

No, not at all. But then, I'm the same. Though, some might huv a problem with it?

Maybe am just assumin' things here, but judgin' by what ya said. You seem quite introverted? Am I wrong? Don't worry, though, am no sayin' that's bad. Just sayin', that's the impression ah get from what you said. <---- Does that even make sense? :idontknow: I hope so, anyway... am ramblin' on now, ah'd better stop. :giggle:

Amitush123

No, not at all. But then, I'm the same. Though, some might huv a problem with it?

Maybe am just assumin' things here, but judgin' by what ya said. You seem quite introverted? Am I wrong? Don't worry, though, am no sayin' that's bad. Just sayin', that's the impression ah get from what you said. <---- Does that even make sense? :idontknow: I hope so, anyway... am ramblin' on now, ah'd better stop. :giggle:

You are correct, my self esteem is quite low, and I never was considered to be extra chatty..I don't care what everyone thinks, this is how I behave, and that brings me satisfaction..

xDreamseller

I'm the same. I just prefer being on my own most of the time. That being said, I do enjoy chatting online for some reason. I guess because I can just leave when I want and there's no hassle with it.

Amitush123

I'm the same. I just prefer being on my own most of the time. That being said, I do enjoy chatting online for some reason. I guess because I can just leave when I want and there's no hassle with it.

Exactly! I like to have full control, nothing happens without my will..

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
You are correct, my self esteem is quite low, and I never was considered to be extra chatty..I don't care what everyone thinks, this is how I behave, and that brings me satisfaction..

Sorry tae hear about yer self esteem issues. Ha! I'm one to talk... mine's is the same. So, yer not worried about people judgin' ya or makin' assumptions since yer not "extra chatty"? :giggle: Sorry, nae idea why that makes me giggle... it just does! Ah wish I could stop carin' what everyone thinks o' me, to a certain extent.

Anyway, each to their own, as the sayin' goes. Sorry, ah tend tae ramble on alot when I post, for some odd reason? :idontknow:

Amitush123

Sorry tae hear about yer self esteem issues. Ha! I'm one to talk... mine's is the same. So, yer not worried about people judgin' ya or makin' assumptions since yer not "extra chatty"? :giggle: Sorry, nae idea why that makes me giggle... it just does! Ah wish I could stop carin' what everyone thinks o' me, to a certain extent.

Anyway, each to their own, as the sayin' goes. Sorry, ah tend tae ramble on alot when I post, for some odd reason? :idontknow:

Hehe that's ok, I like your rambling.
And just for you - "extra chatty" :applause:

Kiwong

I also enjoy my own company. It's being around people for too long that starts to make me feel unwell. I like to walk away and be on my own at every opportunity.

jaim38

Hello all,

...And I don't mind it.

No, not at all! You have a passion that you truly enjoy and that's something that comes from within. I am the opposite when it comes to religion. I used to be part of a Christian group on campus but never felt like a Christian at all. I only attended group gatherings and bible studies because the sisters would urge me to, plus I was desperate for friends. I later left the group because I felt like a hypocrite.

There's no one to meet, I don't go to any sports, that's worse, i like being alone and don't mind it too but I feel lonely sometimes. I'm looking forward to next month, I'm joining this group of students for some kind of training, because we are going to study abroad, I went last month and it was better than I thought. I rarely go to any activities where there are people my age being social, it felt good being around them, I forgot that feeling.

I dont have any friends and I feel isolated and lonely I dread waking up knowing im going to spend another day bybmyself just waiting on something anything...its got to a point I hate living in my flat because day in day out I see the four same walls..it depresses me, I never go out on my own, I hate my own company yes I am shy but I still love being surrounded by people...I have no friends and i want to know what happened between the ages of 18 and 21 to make me have no friends...this is meant to be the start of my life and partying at 21 but I have no friends and im a nice person..at eighteen I was out clubbing every night woth my friends, staying over at theirs, going to the park having bbqs and now I have no friends, no social life and it kills me, I hate being this way....

But on the positive side I have joined a group where meetups happen regularly I dont know these people bit it is a start. I went for coffee yesterday with four random people I do not know and I was so happy to bensurrounded by people again and the rest of the day I was on a high cause I was in a social setting for the first time in years.....onwards and upwards

Amitush123

But on the positive side I have joined a group where meetups happen regularly I dont know these people bit it is a start. I went for coffee yesterday with four random people I do not know and I was so happy to bensurrounded by people again and the rest of the day I was on a high cause I was in a social setting for the first time in years.....onwards and upwards

Way to go! that's a fine start :applause:

dangermouse

You need friends as humans are social beings. Being on your own all the time will mess up your mind and send your crazy. Try and hang out with the group.