Have you ever regretted the way your life have taken?

anuskas

Have you ever regretted the way your life have taken? There are things that can take control of our life forever and it´s extremely difficult to go back. Have you felt that?

Steppen-Wolf

I did it every day of my life, until I understood that such a manner of thought doesn't help me at all.

We can't change the past and we can't make our life perfect, all we can do is try to make the future a little better.

¯\(º_o)/¯

I did it every day of my life, until I understood that such a manner of thought doesn't help me at all.

This right here basically, i regret alot, and im sure ill regret more later. but i wont dwell on it because dwelling on it doesnt help any

We can't change the past and we can't make our life perfect, all we can do is try to make the future a little better.
this on the other hand i disagree on. you life being perfect is your opinion, so if in your opinion your life is perfect if you believe it is

Agent_Violet

I try not to look back...I do it all the time though bc it's so hard to just keep looking ahead.

i find on the days where I focus on what i've done wrong over the years I get super depressed and I lash out at the people around me.

Section_31

Every single day. Especially when i go home and see where im living at in life compared to where most my friends are.

I just keep my head down, keep working, and trying to move forward. whats done is done. I just try to learn from it.

Rufus

Sometimes.

Then I think of people who are really suffering and how my grievances in life pale in comparison. I'm just happy to be alive most of the time.

we_r_eternal

yes, heroin. or any opiate addiction. completely ruins your life in every sense of the word. finances, relationships, health, etc. and you can never, ever be happy again because you'll never forget the pure bliss of the feeling these drugs give you. any natural happiness will pale in comparison.. don't try these drugs, you'll be forever changed in the many ways. being completely unable to experience any kind of non-chemical happiness ever again. and a constant longing for the drug whether your clean and sober, or youve just shot a $20, you can never have enough. the only happiness you'll ever know is being high enough to sleep while having enough left-over to not be sick in the morning. sad.

jamie99

yes, heroin. or any opiate addiction. completely ruins your life in every sense of the word. finances, relationships, health, etc. and you can never, ever be happy again because you'll never forget the pure bliss of the feeling these drugs give you. any natural happiness will pale in comparison.. don't try these drugs, you'll be forever changed in the many ways. being completely unable to experience any kind of non-chemical happiness ever again. and a constant longing for the drug whether your clean and sober, or youve just shot a $20, you can never have enough. the only happiness you'll ever know is being high enough to sleep while having enough left-over to not be sick in the morning. sad.

That's sad man, atleast you're still alive : )

FMA102

All the time.

Sometimes it really gets me down, but usually I'll just shrug it over and keep pressing on, knowing the past is the past and I can't change it.

lilmutegirl

Yes, I regret quite a bit of my life.
I try not to look back, but find it hard sometimes.
For years, I've tried to have the attitude of, what has happened in the past, be it 5 minutes or 5 years, it is in the past, and I should do what I can with this moment to improve my future.
I especially tend to regret things in my past that are affecting my current situation (like debt, not finishing school, etc).
I know that I can get out of debt and finish school, but I wonder if, even when I do this, I will be satisfied, or if I will regret not dealing with these issues earlier.