Have you been identified gifted?

chris11

By gifted I mean high IQ, ectera... I'm apperently gifted.. But, I don't think that I am due to the whole Depression, OCD, SP, Insomnia... In fact, I thnk that those symptoms competly negate the benefit of my supposed intellectual giftedness...

crome

I was in the G.A.T.E program earlier in my school years, which is basically a program for gifted students. I do think I am gifted but with SAD all that goes out the window. I had straight A's 'til SA.

No. I'm actually not very smart at all, and I always feel dumb when compared with everyone else. I just can't keep up with their level and it makes me feel really confused all of the time.

I was always a B-average student... so if I'm gifted, it's a salad shooter.

An online IQ test once gave me 149, but since they were aggressively selling "You have a high IQ!" certificates one might want to take the score with a few metric tons of salt. ;)

Satine

I was called gifted in school because I could draw a fantastic picture and write a great poem. I kept up honing these arts for a few years, but realised that I just wasn't happy. I stopped working on them and tried facing my anxiety instead.

These days I can just knock out a reasonable-looking picture and can write a poem at a pinch if need be, but probably nothing like I could have if I'd kept up my training. But I'd rather be the content individual I am now any day.

John Lennon said:
We're playing those mind games together
Pushing the barriers, planting seeds
Playing the mind guerrilla
Chanting the mantra, peace on earth
We all been playing those mind games forever
Some kinda druid dudes lifting the veil
Doing the mind guerrilla
Some call it magic, the search for the grail

Love is the answer and you know that for sure
Love is a flower, you got to let it, you got to let it grow

So keep on playing those mind games together
Faith in the future, outta the now
You just can't beat on those mind guerrillas
Absolute elsewhere in the stones of your mind
Yeah we're playing those mind games forever
Projecting our images in space and in time

Yes is the answer and you know that for sure
Yes is surrender, you got to let it, you got to let it go

So keep on playing those mind games together
Doing the ritual dance in the sun
Millions of mind guerrillas
Putting their soul power to the karmic wheel
Keep on playing those mind games forever
Raising the spirit of peace and love

Love...
(I want you to make love, not war, I know you've heard it before)

Dave_McFadden

I was taught to read pretty early, so I did pretty well on standardized tests in the early grades. So I got the label "smart". It is the excuse that all the adults use to ignore your problems in life, since naturally, since you're gifted, you're automatically just going to sail through life and get everything you want.

I actually spent many years of my life believing all the stereotypes, thinking that my measured intelligence had something to do with my social ability. Too many years.

kt2222

i was tested back in my teens with a oxford uni (uk) study on the off chance that my teacher in high school noticed my incredibal memory which obviously i knew about before lol

But yep i was idenified as having photographic memory which is rare and obviously a way higher level of memory than the average person.. this is where i got my good grades at school through memory could real off a text book at you but wouldnt have a clue what it meant! :lol: cant have it all ey !!

this_portrait

I was the exact opposite of a lot of kids in elementary school. While other kids enjoyed school (for the most part), I hated it and would have rather been off doing my own thing. Because of this, I slacked off, causing my grades to suffer. I was primarily a B and C student. My not paying attention made it harder for me to learn easy things that everyone else breezed through. I didn't fully master how to count back change until I was 15, and I didn't learn how to fully tell time until I was about 13. (This I learned on my own one day after middle school had started, which was when I started getting straight A's.)

So in essence I went from being a slightly off kid to being rather smart.