Happy Memory Thread!

Livingwithoutlivin

Alright, I want to apply the law of attraction here.
Let's all start posting our most happiest memory we can recall!

Mine is... I'm digging, I'm digging.... hmmm...

This may not be the happiest memory I have, but it's one that's quite amusing to me...

I remember when I was in the 10th grade in PE class, that I knew this girl and we would talk a lot, and then one day on the PE course, just naturally I put my arm around her shoulder and she put her arm around mine, and we walked to the basketball court together like that, and it was really wonderous to me, now that I look back, and even in that moment, how smooth and natural and experience that was, in a time when I was yet not ridden with anxiety, when I still knew who I was, and when the future had tons of milestones for me to accomplish so far.

Just so you know, I'm a girl and I'm not a lesbo, but this was a cute memory that I can recall, that was a good one.

I remember when I got my N64...

I was like 6 or 7 and it was Christmas morning. I opened it up and as soon as I knew what it was I got up and absolutely went crazy!!! Jumping up and down and laughing and screaming...I was soooooo happy!!! I don't think I've ever been that happy after that haha

Good idea for a thread!

Um, it's really hard to choose one, but one of my favorites was in kindergarten - I had this best friend and we'd play at each others houses. We were sitting on the swings in my backyard and we had this idea to invent a machine that would take us to our own world, and we'd get to choose who would be in it. It would be us two, and I wanted to invite Pippy Longstocking, cause I had a big crush on her (the one in the early 70s movies), and Casper the Friendly Ghost, cause he was so nice to people (he was a cartoon ghost). For some reason, I thought we could actually do this, and my friend said his dad had all these old lawnmower parts in the garage that we could probably use, so he was going to bring them next time. But when the day came, he didn't have them - I was like, what happened? And he said his dad wouldn't let him bring them - I was so disappointed! I think I kept pestering him after that to see if he would be allowed to bring the parts next time, haha.

I still like the idea of escaping from this world. Or at least the version of it that's in my head.

AlleyCat

I think for me it would be when I was around 8 or 9 years old and not being able to wait for the summers when I would just go outside and ride my bike for hours and not have a care in the world. Before I started having all these SP problems.

Rodox

When she would give me a smile,I would get chills and my legs would tremble,dont think I will ever have better moments than those ::(:

Last edited:

Emmmmy

I agree - great idea. As well as 'law of attraction' I once read that this could be a method of therapy..... make yourself come up with a positive memory everyday, then gradually you start to remember more and more. It's true that if you have a depressed mood you have a negative memory bias - so maybe.

Anyway, mine would be staying with my cousins over the holidays when I was a kid.... I used to cry on the way home!! ::eek:::)

AimeeSP

The days when i was little and used to sit on my grandads shoulders and comb his hair up like a mohawk. :D i used to feel so proud of myself lol. And when we used to share chilli crackers together while mum was out shopping. :) R.I.P Grandad i miss you and love you always x

TheManWhoUpholdsHonour

Happiest memory?I'm digging really deep here..........All I could think of was this Little league football game that I was in-I was defensive end as well as left tackle and it was a long day of practicly getting my ass kicked at the line of scimmage.then for the final play,I was defensive end and the play started,i couldn't get pass my blocker becuz i was too tired.This was the other teams would be final play if not they hadnt kneeled it.

Then it was down to one play,i got pass my blocker this time only to hit the QB after he threw it,the pass wasn't completed and we won.After that moment I just had a really good feeling in my heart.

xLindziex

One of my most happy memories would be from when I lived in a more rural area of town, where property was like 1 acre per lot. I would always jump over the fence to get to my friend's house. The two of us would play video games together and I remember this one time when I was watching Dare Devil with him in his room. I vividly remember watching the music video for Bring Me To Life with him before the movie started. The three of us; me, him and my brother, watched the movie. I think afterwards my brother went home, but I stayed the night in his room (I think we also might've slept in the same bed?). And I had a tiny crush on him at the time, so I took in the pride of the moment.

I never did tell him about my crush on him lol, might be a little late for that though, seeing as I haven't seen him in years. But now everytime I hear Bring Me To Life, I always think of him and how much fun we used to have together =)

huzzah

One night during a marching band competition I was actually behaving normally. I nearly befriended the person I liked, and I talked to a lot of people. At the time I thought I had overcome my shyness just because of that one night. :rolleyes:

Also, when I was little, almost every night all the kids in my neighborhood would meet up and play. We'd run around and talk and just goof around like normal kids. Aughhh thinking about it really makes me wish I could go back in time and be a kid again. ::(: I could just run around and be carefree, and perhaps the second time around I wouldn't make the mistakes that would eventually get me to where I am now.

GhoulsNightOut

One of my happiest memories is when I had my first cockatiel (a small parrot) at age 11 and spent most of my time just playing with her. I was practically in love with her! I remember every morning when I had to get ready for school, I would take her out to have breakfast with me. And when I left she'd be chirping like mad calling out to me. :(

EscapeArtist

When my family went on long car rides when I was younger. I get car sick, so I would force myself to sleep, but I remember that feeling of falling asleep with my favorite stuffed bear and waking up to a setting sun and an open road, well rested, the only moments where I forgot to worry and was paid attention to, with my entire family sleepily relaxed, together, and forced to communicate... having no home and belonging to anywhere for that short period of time. I just discovered i'm a celiac, and I was horribly sick and foggy-headed every day of my childhood from eating bread and wheat (standard american diet, ick), but because I got car sick so easily I wasn't allowed to eat all day on these trips, therefore these memories are the clearest ones I've got.

Long ago we used to own a house-caravan + lot surrounded by a fence on a campsite. Completed with an outhouse. <3

I was outside all day, sometimes with a niece (who was my best friend at the time). What made it even more awesome was that it was directly connected to a small valley filled with sand, it was gorgeous. I remember it so well, right in the middle there was one tree. Like the tree in the lion king. :3

When you went beyond the small valley, you ended up in a protected natural hiking park. It was essentially nature at its purest. Officially it was off limits, but we went there anyway. And frankly, it was worth breaking the rules for. It was so secluded.. Peaceful.. oh so peaceful. There I learned what happiness felt like. I also learned that no amount of money or success could ever make me feel better then I did there. I was happy, with essentially nothing.

It was too bad that when my parents divorced the caravan was sold, and the wonderful trips came to an end. To me, that place was heaven. I've been trying to recreate how I felt there ever since. :3

EscapeArtist

Long ago we used to own a house-caravan + lot surrounded by a fence on a campsite. Completed with an outhouse. <3

I was outside all day, sometimes with a niece (who was my best friend at the time). What made it even more awesome was that it was directly connected to a small valley filled with sand, it was gorgeous. I remember it so well, right in the middle there was one tree. Like the tree in the lion king. :3

When you went beyond the small valley, you ended up in a protected natural hiking park. It was essentially nature at its purest. Officially it was off limits, but we went there anyway. And frankly, it was worth breaking the rules for. It was so secluded.. Peaceful.. oh so peaceful. There I learned what happiness felt like. I also learned that no amount of money or success could ever make me feel better then I did there. I was happy, with essentially nothing.

It was too bad that when my parents divorced the caravan was sold, and the wonderful trips came to an end. To me, that place was heaven. I've been trying to recreate how I felt there ever since. :3

That sounds secretive and lovely :)

dean01

ahh i like this thread, its a good way to start the day!

i remember my grandad took me fishing when i was 6, they had large breeding tanks full of fish and he told me to try and grab one, never did manage to grab one but it was fun trying.r.i.p grandad :)