Had a fear this morning.

Forgotten-Children

Well, I woke up normally (after hitting the snooze button one my alarm clock like a hundred times), I went to call my boyfriend at the usual time that I do, but he didn't pick up. Didn't think much of it so I waited about 3 minutes to call again in case he was playing Mario Kart or something. Called again. No answer. This time I started to think and only waited one minute to call him. After that with no answer that's when I got worried...

Like usual whenever I worry about things, I have bad daydreams about the worst thing possible. I mean.. I knew about what could have happened like I SHOULD have assumed but... me being the way I am, I was worried that he may have actually died (I say this because he has a terminal illness so I worry about him a lot)

I didn't wait between calls anymore and just repeatedly kept redialing. I then thought that maybe his phone was cut off somehow by like a poweroutage or his mom forgot to pay the phone bill or something stupid like that. I then went to Nintendo Pals to see if he was on. He wasn't. I wasn't sure what to think but the only thing left that I knew I could do was send him a message on the Wii. I did. Afterwards, though, I thought of giving calling one last shot, I just had a feeling that he may pick up (I'm guessing it was more hope than anything else).

He finally picked up and I realized he was just asleep and couldn't hear the phone until he got up to eat breakfast. He said that he felt great this morning because he actually slept through the entire night.

The reason he couldn't hear the phone was because it's ring is so soft and there's no way to raise the volume because it's a land line (wire phone). Not to mention his door was closed.

I was scared to death that I started weeping to know that he was OK. He tried to reassure me that if anything ever happened to him, his mom, stepdad, and stepbrother would all let me know. He said he was more worried about me than himself because if anything ever happened to me, no one would call him. (my family doesn't seem to really care about our relationship or even me.. :/ ) I mean, my grandma would probably call him if she knew but... yeah.

Needless to say, this was an emotional morning for me.

Forgotten-Children

That's an awful feeling to have, the panic of assuming the worst has happened.

Yeah it is.

Problem is, I have a disorder called Obsessive Anxiety Disorder to make me fear the worst. :/ Luckily the things I think are going to happen don't. *knock on wood*

Forgotten-Children

How can you handle loving him when he has a terminal disease? ::(:

I just love him for who he is now. But... at the time when he first LITERALLY told me he was going to marry me even though we were just internet buds, it was kind of, sadly, out of desperation because at the time I thought I was never going to have a boyfriend which was pretty selfish of me... :/

DarkPhoenix

Its difficult not to assume the worst isn't it? you try to rationalize your thoughts but the worry is still there. The thing about bad news is that it travels fast :)

Feathers

Oh gosh..

I think you are really BRAVE for loving him too!!

Even if it was for 'selfish reasons' initially... You could've broken up with him afterwards, and you didn't..
Lots of people with disabilities or some sort of illness really wish to have someone by their side, and have much love to give, and many don't have anyone..

As for soft tones and landlines /is puzzled/ We had a very LOUD wire phone - it depends on the phone set and its options and how you can set the ringtone, landline or not has nothing to do with it... it depends on the people too, if too loud bothers them or not..
Maybe set a different hour when you talk on the phone? (Mom calls Grandma in the evening..)
If he has relatives with him to check on him, that's really good too..

Wow this is the same way I feel when I dont get texted back on the phone or get called back in a long time on my phone :/
Im always worried if people would let me down, or if they died.. Really weird thoughts, but I'm a worryhead. But anyways, Mostly they are just asleep or they dont have their phone with them, or anything like that. or they didnt hear the phone ringing/buzzing.
So we are just a little over-worried. We should learn to cope with those moments, Like.. tell ourself it'll be okay. But I know thats really hard for us!!

Good luck xx

Forgotten-Children

Oh gosh..

I think you are really BRAVE for loving him too!!

Even if it was for 'selfish reasons' initially... You could've broken up with him afterwards, and you didn't..
Lots of people with disabilities or some sort of illness really wish to have someone by their side, and have much love to give, and many don't have anyone..

As for soft tones and landlines /is puzzled/ We had a very LOUD wire phone - it depends on the phone set and its options and how you can set the ringtone, landline or not has nothing to do with it... it depends on the people too, if too loud bothers them or not..
Maybe set a different hour when you talk on the phone? (Mom calls Grandma in the evening..)
If he has relatives with him to check on him, that's really good too..

Thanks but why would I have ever think of breaking up with him? I knew about his illness before we started dating.

Well, he's been with so many people in the past, he kinda was leaning towards solitude until he met me because all the girls he's been with in the past gave him so much BS ESPECIALLY his last ex. I mean... When he was 18, that's when he was diagnosed so when that happened, he lost his job, car, and then his ex left him. He basicly lost everything at the time and was either going to move back in with his mom or just.. well... do away with it all, which I can't really blaim him for the stuff he's gone through. (I kinda look up to him because of that because even though he's been through hell and back, he still lives a decent life as much as he can)

Kinda just wish that there was a way to change the volume is all.

Well he moved back in with his mom, stepdad, and stepbrother almost a year ago. (mainly because of me because we thought that once I dropped out of college, I could get on disability and then fly down to Florida. This didn't happen though because my mom guilt-tripped me into staying).