guys who stare?

greggy

Hey lovely peeps, I was in a shop today and asked for directions to a woman who turned out to be quite rude, then I noticed this man at the side of me just staring at me and not in a nice why kind of a not sure about me scared way, having server social phobia I started feeling very ill and started to sweet, he stared at me untill I left the shop. I had to drive straight home then had a panic attack, I dont understand why this happend? Im I some kind of monster? Has this happend to anyone else? :question:

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I'm not sure what I'm going to say is going to be helpful in any way, but in the kind of situation that you are describing, it's better not to waste your time and energy trying to understand people's behavior, because sometimes the odd one is not you, it's them.

greggy

I'm not sure what I'm going to say is going to be helpful in any way, but in the kind of situation that you are describing, it's better not to waste your time and energy trying to understand people's behavior, because sometimes the odd one is not you, it's them.

Yes you are copletely right , I wish I could o
Have not let it effect me but I just hate being under screwtay it feels like they're just waiting for me to slip up, and because I get so nervious when this is happening I offten do lol! :kickingmyself:

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
^Yeah I know what you mean. You can't help the anxiety while it's happening and being upset about it, but what you can do is learn to shrug it off afterwards. Don't keep such useless worries on your mind. :)

Froggy246

Yea I can become very effected by a look from someone, even though there could be any reason not even relating to me or at least in a negative way behind it. I went to a colleagues hen do on Friday, and I was sooo nervous and scared that I drank way too much and acted in ways totally out of character, in a cringy way. And even though it felt like i was having a good time because I was so drunk and didn't care, the person who's hen night it was gave me this weird serious look at one point during the night and I can't get it out my head!

BlueWeepingRose

Yeah I can relate to this, many times I'm out in public and notice people looking at me or glancing my way. Whenever I get stared out, I tend to freak out myself cause of paranoia thinking I'm in terrible danger. The more I get out of my house, my anxiety decreases.

Everyone gets like that though, so it's quite understandable. :)