Guys: How many girls have approached you in your life?

froghat

Not necessarily asking you out, but just showing an interest in you past the typical "Good morning", "How are you?" friendly chit chat. I've never been good at approaching girls and the only friendships I've had with girls started because they were really flirty and outgoing and just kind of forced me to talk with them. lol I had 4 or 5 of those when I was in high school and worked at a grocery store. The past 3 years I've been pretty much friendless and without a steady job. I'm working with my old therapist again and am trying to get myself out there more. Plus, I start a new job soon. Is there any hope for me? I'm sick of being the guy with SA and being forced to do the hard work. lol Has anyone here dated a girl who aggresively approached you instead of the other way around? Do these girls still exist? lol I'm in a tough situation and could really use a friend, but it's kind of hard when you're in the process of battling social anxiety. :(

PS: Are there any good books on making small talk and making a good first impression? This is a problem. It's like I have no plan and I overthink everyone. If I had some sort of routine, I think I would be less anxious and more confident approaching girls.

Ken

0 :(

I think I would go for it if a girl showed interest, but it would be hard as hell to keep myself from having a panic attack while doing it. :(

billy

ill usually think the girl doesn't like me, get a small panic atk then somehow destroy the conversation and make it akward.. happens all the time lol. then i just look away and shell probably not talk to me again

Rodox

A lot in my last job,not so much now,I was usually around girls who have no shame,were loud mouths,get friendly easy with all the guys,some times it freak me out.

Richey

7 from memory, and most ended in friendships that didnt really last the distance, the girlfriends i had only lasted a few months, because they were the type of girls that were indecisive and wanted to play the field until they found their dream, i prefer to be friends initially just because i dont see the point in jumping right in unless you have a little progressive chemistry with each other, several walked away from even a friendship because they were looking for a guy quickly, but from how they explained it, around three wanted the 'perfect guy', which is fine and i expect rejections to happen but it felt odd because i made it clear i'd still like to be a friend but once they find a boyfriend you dont really get a chance to catch up because their time is occupied by that person ...

alot of girls ive known are also incredibly superficial and picky, which is their right but its a little excessive and makes it hard to just have a relaxed conversation .. ..

at my age it happens alot, where as back in high school it'd be easy just to find a bunch of people to be around ...

the only way to find out is to try, its that simple and yeh its scary, never ceases to be a scary experiance especially motivating yourself to walk up and talk or introduce yourself ...

Josh90

2 or 3 asked there friends if I wanted to go out with them, but never asked me to my face, there have been others who have shown interest

ripewithdecay

At least half a dozen.
3 of which asked me out first. i dated 2 of those.

hasn't happened to me in a long time now.

Ventrilo

1 but i was too nervous around her to actually do anything about it which is when i realized i would be alone forever : D

Rodox

The TS is not only talking about romantic approach,but also friendly right?or am I wrong?
Cant be that no girls approached you in your life,or just a few.

shield

Probably about 2. But I know a really good looking guy who never ever gets approached by women and I know another really good looking guy who gets approached all the time so I just don't understand. I think there is more to it than looks.

samyou

I approached nearly 2 or 3 girls, and was approached by 2, but i made everything to let them go away lol..I think i'd never do something stupid like this again :?

bleach

Banned
I always handle this situation poorly. Either by ignoring the girl or saying something rude for no reason. I don't know why I do it, it always makes me feel badly afterwards. Maybe I don't know what I really want. Maybe I have never known. (o,o)

decadeOfSA

bleach said:
I always handle this situation poorly. Either by ignoring the girl or saying something rude for no reason. I don't know why I do it, it always makes me feel badly afterwards. Maybe I don't know what I really want. Maybe I have never known. (o,o)

I often say something rude or somewhat rude or laugh and I don't mean to. Then they get upset.