Grief

L Hilla

How do you react to it, basically? Do you cry all the time, do you avoid it, what? I'm very curious about it, mainly because of something I'm currently dealing with of a certain someone, but I won't say who it is. I chose the off-topic area because it's the most suitable, but I kinda believe it links to the other topics around here, like anxiety or whatever. Anyway, please share your thoughts about 'grief' here, this could be intresting.

mmmm

I go the super-unhealthy route of pretending the person never existed ans putting on my best stoic face so everyone thinks i've just had botox. I've wrongly got a bit of an ice-queen reputation because of this. I would love to be able to cry my eyes out though.

I'm very sorry for what you're going through

AlleyCat

I usually go through being in shock or denial and in a state of numbness to unbearable heartbreak and sadness. The grieving process can really take a toll on a person. You are going through so many emotions and everyone grieves differently. Although losing someone isn't something I think anyone ever truly gets over, it does get easier with time. You just have to take it one day at a time. I always try to tell myself that no matter how much pain and sorrow I'm feeling at the moment, I would have much rather had the one I lost in my life and knew them and loved them than to have never known them at all. You will always have cherished and loving memories of them and they are never really gone from your heart. I'm so sorry you are going through this right now. ::(:

L Hilla

Yeah. They say it's better to have loved and lost that to have never loved at all, so at least I loved that person. But sometimes u just wanna move on with your life, yet u don't really know how. And sometimes you're alright, or u think so, and whatever. I have a way I usually deal with bad news/grief, but then I question if it's appropriate or not, so that's why I started the thread. To see how different people deal with grief.

Last edited: