girls: self esteem issues in a relationship

Feathers

Ooo! There is a website where you can check the toxicity of certain cosmetics: Skin Deep: Cosmetic Safety Reviews

I totally threw out most of my make-up stash. Now I do minimal stuff with good quality make-up. I can't let go of my cheap eyeliner though hehe

I've seen gorgeous models throw to the side (like literally trampled on) so I'm not worried about looking like a model anymore. That doesn't ensure Love.

Women blame themselves for so many problems in a relationship... when actually, they should only be blaming themselves for choosing a jerk as a boyfriend in the first place. YOU CANNOT CHANGE A MAN.

I think I have insecurity in regular friendships because I've been dumped by friends who throw away their whole world for a guy (including me). Even if we were living together. They just drop everything and betray me for their new "boyfriend". As a friend-girl (haha), you're never the #1 priority, even as a best friend.
Thanks for the website! I'll check it.. I haven't even worn sun protection except hats and long-sleeves in the past two years though :)

A relative looks totally gorgeous without make-up, and while I admit some make-up can make a girl look better, surprisingly some guys like girls without make-up better :)

As for girl friends who 'dump' you for a man - been there. Sometimes it's just in the 'initial' phase.. The best solution is to find other friends who are single, so you can go places together etc. Or just go meet new people, take a course, go volunteering, etc. After a certain time, the 'coupled up' friend will be more 'available' again.. and may be VERY happy to meet up and have tea or coffee together etc!!

So, by all means - don't think it has something to do with YOU - it's a natural process!! I know very few girls who wouldn't 'forget it all' when they fall head over heels for a boy!! It's especially hard if you two are roomates (been there too..) I actually moved to another dorm, partly for that reason.. met totally new people, who were sooo happy I came there, ha ha!!

It can also happen because of a new job, or new life circumstances, or if one gets a baby and the other doesn't... temporarily things can be too different.. or time is limited, and people may be tired/exhausted/crappy about time management/life organizing.. (or even think you have a FABULOUS single life!!) in the future, maybe you two can reconnect again!!

Some girls do 'pay' for it too, if they totally 'abandon' old friends and just jump into things with a new man too quickly.. (sometimes it's unintentional, just happens) They may find themselves without a bf and without friends... So it's good to maintain a life outside of the relationship too.. and to take things slowly at the start.. to get to know him well first..

You are soo right about supermodels sometimes having crappy boyfriends!! I've seen many not-so-very-attractive girls with great boyfriends!! (personality-wise and how they treat them etc.) So it's the 'whole package' that counts!!

PS Oh, I don't think throwing things away is very eco, maybe some stuff could still be used for artsy projects or whatnots? (projects that don't include skin contact?) I've had trouble figuring out what to do with old cosmetics actually.. it's toxic waste I guess hmm.. it just seems such a waste to just throw it away...?

Last edited: