Ganglion cyst

Section_31

So, I have a ganglion cyst on my wrist......and that REALLY sounds like one of the worlds most messed up doctor suess poems....

Anyway, on my right wrist on the top, the side my watch faces so i can look at it, i have a large bump about the size of a quarter. If i bend my wrist downwards and measure the thing, its about 1/4 of a CM in height.

It was really unnerving for a while. I went to the doctor and he examined it. He knew right away what it was and said its nothing to be worried about aside from it just being there, hes never seen one thats dangerous.

I asked about possibly removing it. He said there are multiple ways to do so, however even doing it surgically the damn things almost always come back.

Im shy about it and try to keep my wrist covered up as much as i can. It doesnt hurt at all, and its not cancerous or dangerous and its stopped growing, so its not really doing any harm per se. but its just....wierd.

Anyone else have anything like this?. Did yuo get it removed? leave it alone?.

Just looking for insight here.

Hoppy

If it is real cyst it has to be correctly removed otherwise it is just going to come back.

If it bothers you, have it removed. Life to short to sit with unpleasant things.

razzle dazzle rose

Oh, so that is what it is. I have this little bump on my arm though it can't really be seen but can be felt. Sometimes I tell people to feel it, it freaks them out. I never worried much about it as it doesn't hurt and it has been there for as long as I remember. What a horrible name for it though, haha. I'll keep it to myself. I won't stop making people touch it though.

Invisibleman

I have the same thing on my left wrist. Every 6 months or so it will inflame and it feels like I have arthritus,its grimey. I went to the doctor and he said to just leave it alone so thats what I did,

WeirdyMcGee

I have 3 cysts behind my ears.
I started noticing them just before highschool when I had 50 piercings and my ears looked like swiss cheese. XD
I thought at first that it was a buildup of scar tissue, but since they come back again from time to time- then disappear; I'm sure they're cysts.
I guess it's a good thing they're not out in the open... that would be one more thing on a very long list of things I'd be self-conscious of.
haha

I've heard from friends that putting pressure on it- under a bandage for a couple of days will help it flatten out a bit and go away faster.
Not so sure if it's true... I just leave mine alone.

Nathália

Cyst run in my family. We use peroxide to make them go down. Get a big band-aid tissue and peroxide. You have to keep the peroxide soaked tissue on there all day but change them out instead of leaving the same tissue on there all day. It should make it swell down instead of popping it, as long as you keep the peroxide sitting on it. Even at night time when you go to sleep. Then when you wake up do it all over agian. Put the soaked tissue on the cyst and hold it in place with a band-aid.

emre43

I have a cyst on my shoulder. It has been there for over a year but it doesn't bother me really.