Gamers thread

LoyalXenite

67565717_10156535765215745_1652176453078351872_n.jpg

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
omg 16 days until Vanilla Wow is released!

I met a friend on Wow about 12 years ago, we still talk most days these days. We will be making new toons on the same server in Vanilla. Walking everywhere until lvl 40... no flying... mobs that can crit the hell outta you.. when having awesome gear meant you earnt it!

Phoenixx

I've been playing Breath of the Wild for the last 3 months. Yes, I am 2 years late. No, I am not finished with it nor am I anywhere close to being finished with it.

"There are no bad ideas, only ideas that can go terribly wrong." - The whole game summed up in one sentence. :LOL:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I've been playing Breath of the Wild for the last 3 months. Yes, I am 2 years late. No, I am not finished with it nor am I anywhere close to being finished with it.

"There are no bad ideas, only ideas that can go terribly wrong." - The whole game summed up in one sentence. :LOL:

I'm debating between BotW and Super Mario Odyssey next. I figure I'll wait until winter when I can justify an excuse be inside all day a little more easily :p Legend of Zelda games, historically, have been some of my favorites so I think I would like it more, but after playing through (almost all of) the a JRPG in Octopath Traveler I think a shorter and easier to digest game might be nicer. Not that I haven't liked the 200 hours I put into Octopath Traveler, but it has made a change of pace quite appealing :LOL:

I was also going to take a picture of a trophy(the final trophy) I finally unlocked in super smash bros melee last year to put your "2 years late" to shame, but I learned the sad truth today that my wii no longer plays my gamecube games, and am not breaking out the original, 18 year old hardware today. But I guess I started playing 18 years ago, so its not so much that I'm late to the party, but it took me reaaaaaally long to get back to my car :p.

Phoenixx

I'm debating between BotW and Super Mario Odyssey next. I figure I'll wait until winter when I can justify an excuse be inside all day a little more easily :p Legend of Zelda games, historically, have been some of my favorites so I think I would like it more, but after playing through (almost all of) the a JRPG in Octopath Traveler I think a shorter and easier to digest game might be nicer. Not that I haven't liked the 200 hours I put into Octopath Traveler, but it has made a change of pace quite appealing :LOL:
I played the Octopath Traveler demo and I really enjoyed it. Kudos to you for almost finishing the game! I never bothered buying it because it was so involved and my life at the moment didn't have time to get into a game so deep. But then again I caved and bought BotW. :LOL: But honestly, I still think Octopath Traveler may need more hours put into it than BotW. It's pretty close. :unsure:

I was also going to take a picture of a trophy(the final trophy) I finally unlocked in super smash bros melee last year to put your "2 years late" to shame, but I learned the sad truth today that my wii no longer plays my gamecube games, and am not breaking out the original, 18 year old hardware today. But I guess I started playing 18 years ago, so its not so much that I'm late to the party, but it took me reaaaaaally long to get back to my car :p.
Better late than never, right?? ;) At least you can complete a game. I always tend to finish the main story and think that's good enough. :rolleyes::LOL:

Phoenixx

I'm playing through the demo of Dragon Quest XI. I've never played a Dragon Quest game before. I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about it yet. It's memorable for sure, and it is quite fun. But there's still something else about it that's not catching on for me. I can't really put my finger on it. Is it how straightforward the plot is? The unexpected hand-holding? Not sure... :unsure:

Phoenixx

Borderlands 3 dropped today. I pre-ordered it way back in April when it was announced. Unfortunately I can't play it because I ran out of room on my Xbox drive. :cry: I need a new drive, but I'm debating on spending the money right now since I'm not working and I'm in the middle of moving.

Meanwhile I can at least think about what character I want. For the last 2 games I've pretty much picked the same form of character -- always one with a "pet" of sorts. Played as Mordecai in the first, Gaige in the second. I'll most likely be playing as FL4K in this installment. But for the first time, I have to say I'm loving ALL of the characters this time around. I find they are much more well-rounded and harder to choose from given all the ability choices and more complex skill trees.