Gamers thread

Phoenixx

Is anyone a part of any video game forums? No specific theme or anything, but just a general forum. Was thinking about joining one sometime, but I'm cautious about it. I know sometimes certain gaming communities can be a little over the top and members can be trolls.

LoyalXenite

Is anyone a part of any video game forums? No specific theme or anything, but just a general forum. Was thinking about joining one sometime, but I'm cautious about it. I know sometimes certain gaming communities can be a little over the top and members can be trolls.

I was back in the day but the trolls and general asshole numbers grew to be the majority on a lot of them so I havent really gone back since, no idea if they're better or worse now

LoyalXenite

56448960_588227581678848_8585811870072438784_o.jpg

Phoenixx

I was back in the day but the trolls and general asshole numbers grew to be the majority on a lot of them so I havent really gone back since, no idea if they're better or worse now
That's good to know. I guess it doesn't surprise me too much either. I feel like that's the norm with any form of social media these days. People are becoming so accustomed to the anonymity of being behind a screen and keyboard that they forget (or don't care?) that anything they say can affect others in one way or another, good or bad.

My period of avoiding video games until my semester was over came to a screeching halt a couple weeks ago lol. I caved and had a good couple hour session with my husband on Borderlands 2, now with the hype of 3 coming out and all. I also picked up my 3DS last week and have been playing Pokemon OmegaRuby since. My hatred for the 3rd gen is no longer. This game really improved on a lot of the faults that generation had and I am having a blast with it. My only one major criticism is that they did make it a touch easy and I find it isn't as challenging as the original gen 3 games.

LoyalXenite

That's good to know. I guess it doesn't surprise me too much either. I feel like that's the norm with any form of social media these days. People are becoming so accustomed to the anonymity of being behind a screen and keyboard that they forget (or don't care?) that anything they say can affect others in one way or another, good or bad.

My period of avoiding video games until my semester was over came to a screeching halt a couple weeks ago lol. I caved and had a good couple hour session with my husband on Borderlands 2, now with the hype of 3 coming out and all. I also picked up my 3DS last week and have been playing Pokemon OmegaRuby since. My hatred for the 3rd gen is no longer. This game really improved on a lot of the faults that generation had and I am having a blast with it. My only one major criticism is that they did make it a touch easy and I find it isn't as challenging as the original gen 3 games.

I thought the Pokemon games have been getting a bit easier too, but then I chalked it up to I've gotten older and smarter in my approach :LOL:

I'm breaking my no games during semester rule too, but Im not letting myself feel bad for it because I'm going out of my way this uni break to get the medical stuff all sorted so I think I've earned the right to have some gaming time. I'll catch up on uni break work later :LOL:

Phoenixx

I thought the Pokemon games have been getting a bit easier too, but then I chalked it up to I've gotten older and smarter in my approach :LOL:
Yeah I wondered this too, haha. But I will say they still kept gen 2 challenging with the remakes of SoulSilver and HeartGold. I still have yet to finish SoulSilver. I needed a good ice type to add to my team, and of course you can't access any of those until the last city and then when you do have one you have to grind to get it to the level you want it to take on Clair and the last gym. I ran out of patience by then and I've had it set aside for about 8 months now. I might pick it back up after OmegaRuby, we'll see.

Phoenixx

I'm now a proud owner of a Switch. :D I'll be playing Yoshi's Crafted World this week. A good step up from completing Pokemon OmegaRuby, which I did last week.

I desperately want an Animal Crossing skin for my new baby, but I haven't found much I like on Etsy and I'm skeptical of Ebay. I think I'll probably end up making my own. :unsure:

Phoenixx

I've been trying to finish up Spyro Reignited Trilogy and Borderlands 2 this week, but I'm desperately wanting a new game for my switch. Yoshi's Crafted World was good, but for some reason I just can't bring myself to finish it. Hate to say it but I got bored with it I think. :confused: I'm just wanting a game lately that's laid back and easy and nothing's trying to kill you. Been looking at Stardew Valley recently.