Gamers thread

It's probably an incredible niche game, but is anyone else playing Skyrim VR?

It's pretty good, definitely adds to the immersion. but they've missed a lot of opportunities. It could've been the very first triple-A virtual reality game in the history of.. well.. ever, but what it became is an adequate port. Instead of drawing your weapon by hand, you push a button. Instead of tweaking the lock pick with your hands, you still use the analogue sticks/trackpad; instead of an engaging interactive UI, you're still using a scrolling text menu that you can't even opperate with motion controls. And that would've been fine, weren't they asking full price for it. I expected more to be honest. Smaller studios have been able to pull of more with less.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate it and I will play a lot of it. But if we were to take away the name and content, and judged it soly as a VR game (which it is sold as, not a VR patch, but as a VR standalone game) it would likely not been nearly as popular. Maybe they wanted to keep the core base the same for mod compatibility, but I would've much preferred a more engaging VR experience, with fewer mods to use.

Mods and such do really make it better though (many of the Skyrim Special Edition mods works fine.)

Last edited:

cappatown420

Does anyone have anxiety talking over the mic in multiplayer games?

I only talk in 1 game, because you HAVE to. You need a mic to play, if you don't, people kill you.

I get the, "are you a boy or girl?" then, "you don't sound like one" Alright, and you sound like you have a tiny d.i.ck.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Does anyone have anxiety talking over the mic in multiplayer games?

I only talk in 1 game, because you HAVE to. You need a mic to play, if you don't, people kill you.

I get the, "are you a boy or girl?" then, "you don't sound like one" Alright, and you sound like you have a tiny d.i.ck.

Yea absolutely. I basically refuse to use discord or vent. I'd rather type my messages lol.

cappatown420

I loved the basic simplicity of the game, just survive.

I usually do to, it's hard to meet a group in that server unless you already know someone.

I like the trolling aspect of it too.

One server had a fight-free zone (Church in Elecktro) It was PROM NIGHT!

So first I went into town, rounded up some zombies (I was also bleeding and had no rags), then ran to the church to bring the zombies and screamed for help.

The server admin and some people were posing and taking screenshots- "Ok guys... 1......2....." so of course I casually jog right in front of the group and look at the person who is taking the screenshot.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WE ARE TRYING TO GET A PICTURE"

"Huh? Oh... "

Few min later, same thing, "1.....2....." I trot in... "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? GOD YOU IDIOT! Some people I swear...."

When my ex played with me I infiltrated a clan, and told my ex over steam where we were so he could pick off people with the Winchester. I knew they would get suspicious so I told him to shoot me next.

He killed me, and I heard them say, "It can't be cappa, because they just shot her"

He shot me in the ****ing chest..... the arm man, the arm..... why'd you go for the kill shot?

F0AM

Todd Howard: "Fallout 76 is four times bigger than Fallout 4."​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toS9OiU-y0k

Hype intensifies.​

I don't know if i'm ok with it being completely online, since they say u can 100% solo it is fine i guess, but at the same time i don't like the idea of seeing other players constantly, i mean: that's cool on cities or vaults but what about those places where u must sneak? i don't want other players in big groups rushing everything...breaks inmersion. So here's the question: will places like caves, labs, bandit's dens and stuff be personal? in the sense that you will only see only players in your group (if you are in one), or instead you will see other players all the time? :thinking: From time to time i play Elder Scrolls Online ( it's an mmo) and they have both, public dungeons and solo ones and i'd like something in between.

I rather solo but don't mind playing with other people as long as they're nice and just want to have fun, can't stand pro wannabes or childish players.

Bethesda also announced "Starfield" wich seems will be a futuristic game related to Fallout, hope is something similar. Would be cool having something about fantasy/medieval (elder scrolls), something postapocaliptic/modern (fallout) and something futuristic/sci-fi (Starfield)

And a sequel/expansion to Doom which i loved!

Not from Bethesda but "From Software"(u see what i did there, right? :p) i'm quite interested in "Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice" let's see what it turns to be, hope is something like the "souls" games, being a big fan of those as i am.

And last but not the least,i'm happy to see "Devil may cry 5" i liked DMC but is good to see the old characters again tho i didn't pay much attention to the trailer coz i totaly lost my pants the moment Nero was on screen....

devil_may_cry_5_1-1152x770.jpg

Handsome mother****er, and to think i hated him in dmc4...

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Not from Bethesda but "From Software"(u see what i did there, right? :p) i'm quite interested in "Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice" let's see what it turns to be, hope is something like the "souls" games, being a big fan of those as i am.

I believe that's a new Tenchu game, which I couldn't be more excited for.

PugofCrydee

OMG OMG OMG

Elder Scrolls VI has been announced by Bethesda..they are working on it now.

ORGASM!!!!!!!

PugofCrydee

Damn, that AND Fallout? I just started getting into Skyrim, it's addicting.

Yea and apparently Fallout 76 will be 6x larger, as in map wise.
Yea Skyrim is totally addictive. I lost myself in that world for months lol. I Soooo can't wait to play ES VI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUltPi3EXzo

I know it's just a teaser.. but Damn I already want to explore this land!!

Last edited: