Gamers thread

Danfalc

Banned
I feel these are steps towards virtual reality. The part where he wielded a mace was especially impressive to me. That you could fight a game enemy with real world movements, precise and translated directly from your own.

True I have never though of it like that.And the mace was very cool.I hope your right and this is a step forward..as Ritta said,having a light saber battle would be pretty amazing.And no risk of chopping your kitty in half.

While on the subject,Coyote you might want to have a look at this :cool:
The Spyder III, the World's Most Powerful Portable Laser, Is a Real Life Lightsaber

Just at the same time,the cynical side of me worries,as like the dude in the video himself said,it's down to the game designers to put these new tools to use.But with sony bringing out games like Heavy Rain and breaking the mold maybe it's not as bleak as I thought.Sorry for the rant ::eek::

Lonestar473

Its available for PC? Two questions then.. is it $15 for the PC too? - and can players from other platforms all play together? Like PC and Xbox?

Luke1993

True I have never though of it like that.And the mace was very cool.I hope your right and this is a step forward..as Ritta said,having a light saber battle would be pretty amazing.And no risk of chopping your kitty in half.

I don't think a lightsaber battle would work, because there wouldn't be any resistance. Like if you were to strike downwards and lock swords with the enemy, you in real life wouldn't "lock" you'd just swing all the way down because there's nothing real there to stop your sword, (the controller) whereas the game would stop your sword, does that make sense? :D

Danfalc

Banned
I don't think a lightsaber battle would work, because there wouldn't be any resistance. Like if you were to strike downwards and lock swords with the enemy, you in real life wouldn't "lock" you'd just swing all the way down because there's nothing real there to stop your sword, (the controller) whereas the game would stop your sword, does that make sense? :D

Perfect sence :D I can just imagine throwing the remote at my foot full force now,maybe they could have it vibrate (cue dirty jokes) like the normal controllers do when you get an impact?

Ritta

How about instead of vibrate, it zaps you like a taser gun :D Well not as strong, but it would be neat if maybe you could wear a vest that would make you feel something whenever you get hit. ::p:

Danfalc

Banned
How about instead of vibrate, it zaps you like a taser gun :D Well not as strong, but it would be neat if maybe you could wear a vest that would make you feel something whenever you get hit. ::p:

Yeah maybe not a taser,I think that would be pretty extreme 0.o though I can see it making people god like at the game just so they don't get zapped :D

The vest is a good idea though,a bit like the type you have in laser quest maybe? :cool:

Danfalc

Banned
Dragon age 2 was officially announced today! It will be released March 2011.

Yeah should be a trailer out next month :)

Dev's confirmed that there will be no origins like the first one ::(: and you will play a character with a predefined background,called Hawke a destitute refugee who go's from rags to riches sort of thing.

dead24

just wondering what do you think ps4 or xbox 720 graphics would look like? Games today look pretty good and was a big step forward in terms of graphics from the last gen (ps2,xbox).

Felgen

I must say that I was shocked when I found out who the origami killer in Heavy Rain was yesterday. Twists are so common that they have become boring and predictable, but the murderer here really is the person you'd suspect the least.

U

userremoved

I must say that I was shocked when I found out who the origami killer in Heavy Rain was yesterday. Twists are so common that they have become boring and predictable, but the murderer here really is the person you'd suspect the least.

I was wanting to play that game so bad, but someone ruined that particular mystery for me, in fact several endings were spoiled. I'm pretty sore about that too. Is it still worth me playing now?

Felgen

I was wanting to play that game so bad, but someone ruined that particular mystery for me, in fact several endings were spoiled. I'm pretty sore about that too. Is it still worth me playing now?

Absolutely! Unless you've played Fahrenheit (I have), you've never seen anything similar to it. :)

Felgen

There's too much focus on multiplayer and too little focus on single player mode these days. Sadly, this trend has spread to the consoles as well.

Last edited:

Danfalc

Banned
There's too much focus on multiplayer and too little focus on single player mode these days. Sadly, this trend has spread to the consoles as well.

I think this trend came from consoles in the first place?I know PC gaming was the first to have lan parties and the such and then stuff like steam.But I really feel like consoles put the emphasis on multilayer much more with most of the games being co-op,and consoles being cheaper than a pc gaming rig.It's sad really as sure it's cool to do co-op sometimes but what's wrong with a good single player game you can sink your teeth into ::(:

I totally agree it would be a shame if the new Eldar scrolls was a mmo,but I just have a bad feeling it will be.

Pookah

Elder Scrolls always felt like a single player mmo-type world to me. I think it would be nice for more single player games to be that expansive.

ripewithdecay

i dont mind co-op as an option, but i notice how alot of games these days -require- co-op to play certain parts. like for example, on littlebigplanet you needed to have a partner to access a hidden piece of each level. or take WoW, you cant see 50% of the dungeons and main bosses in the game without help from 20-40 other players oO

it just annoys me when youre limited in your single player experience knowing theres all this other stuff you cant access without help from someone.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
If anyone besides me appreciates older games, I was recently introduced to a nice for them: GOG.com.

They sell downloads of old games on the cheap, and they've been tweaked to run in on modern systems.

I downloaded Master of Magic recently and discovered they even have a patch for it that makes the AI more challenging than it ever was. It came out in 1994 and still has a lot of people playing it. :D