gaah

lonelee1

had a bad SA day. i went to get a spa treatment done, i haven't been in contact with people for a while. i always get nervous at the front desk, well, nervous around everybody.

i always feel so stern and unapproachable. the girls at the front desk always act like they're stepping on eggshells talking to me and they dont smile as warmly as they do to the other clients ( I THINK). im going there to better myself so i can feel good about myself aesthetically. but nothing helps. i'd rather be some kind of hobbit or something than have these problems. im not thin and i have weird teeth. that also contributes. a major issue probably, i used to get made fun of.

i want to have a nice inviting presence but my self esteem is so low i cant do it. i know i give off a weird vibe. this got me really down today. i could smile more but i feel fake doing it and im always depressed. i want to learn how to go with the flow, fake it even, and seem happy and more approachable. i frown alot and crease my forehead.

gaaaaaah. im. so. tired. of. this.

Last edited:

cocorose

I want to give you a big hug... I know exactly how you feel. I always feel like I make other people uncomfortable. When I smile it's like it's fake, so I guess I don't much. This might be a different example, but I went to the DMV today (and this seems to have happened a few other times as well), but when I walked in no one greeted me or anything, so I took a number and sat down. It wasn't crowded so they called me right away, and while I was standing there, every single other person that came in was greeted and told what to do. I'm not sure why that happens but it really makes me mad.

Something-Vague

I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative day in regards to your SA- I hope that you feel better about it soon! ):

I think that I can relate in regards to feeling unapproachable. It seems like you're saying that you're the same way when I say- correct me if I'm wrong- that I, too, usually feel really anxious about talking to people in public places, but I want to be nice yet my words are kind of terse and I don't think that they seem very genuine. I do want to show people my caring nature and that I am thoughtful, but I am feeling so bad about myself that I think my intentions come across the wrong way. Also, I tend to want to get out of the situation as soon as possible, such as in a store or on the phone. Although sometimes I can talk to cashiers or other individuals, but I think that it's mostly because I'd rather the focus be on shallow conversation than on them having time to judge me... if that makes any sense.

I wish that something would work for you in order to help you feel better about yourself because you are definitely putting forth the effort and you are definitely an amazing person- you're supportive on here, insightful, caring, pretty and I am sure that you exhibit many other positive qualities. I, too, am not thin and that is actually a problem for me as well as I used to be ridiculed for it. I'm sorry to hear that you have gone through similar issues as well! *big hugs*

"i could smile more but i feel fake doing it and im always depressed. i want to learn how to go with the flow, fake it even, and seem happy and more approachable."

This.

I hope that you can be more comfortable with yourself someday and that you can exude the approachable, happy nature that you wish to show.

Last edited:

cocorose

I wish that something would work for you in order to help you feel better about yourself because you are definitely putting forth the effort and you are definitely an amazing person- you're supportive on here, insightful, caring, pretty and I am sure that you exhibit many other positive qualities

Agreed!

/

lonelee1

coco, vague, and notmyillness: thank you so much for the support, i really appreciate it. i know many of us share the same feelings even if they're difficult to express sometimes.

this stuff is alienating. but at least there's a place for us to vent and relate. i hope we all get well, or at least feel better