first date no chemistry

bakertx

Is it my imagination,are women, generally speaking, much more likely than men to expect some sort of lightning or magic on a first date for them to consider going on a 2nd date? I’m not talking about chemistry, which everyone wants, but some sort of overwhelming emotional response that causes “butterflies....

Last edited:
Is it my imagination, or are women, generally speaking, much more likely than men to expect some sort of lightning or magic on a first date for them to consider going on a 2nd date? I’m not talking about chemistry, which everyone wants, but some sort of overwhelming emotional response that causes “butterflies....

Well I can only speak from my own experience/thoughts...I seek connections on other aspects then just a physical one. So therefore it would not matter to me if there was no "butterflies" as you put it on the first date.

I don't place too much importance on any "lightening or magic" as you wrote because those things tend to fizzle and die out at some point anyway. So no, those things are not the deciding factor I am looking for on a first date and certainly does not dictate whether or not I will go on a 2nd.
But there just my thoughts.:)

EnigmatiConduit

Women are freaking weird most of the time i think. They have all these ideals and expectations in men and life in general that are not realistic but they will stick to them no matter what, wind up with an ass- complain - and do it all over again.

The sort of overwhelming emotional response that causes “butterflies.... is chemistry, yours MHCs (major histocompatibility complex) are compatible or not. In the first date a person subconsciously can recognize by the smell if the other person's DNA is able to combine with his own's in order to have an offspring with the best immune system possible, regardless of what are the dater's opinion abut having children.

After that first step dictated by biology, then comes to play the peoples personalities.