Finishing it off

Anxy

Yeah, I'm finishing off all the SAD related things. That doesn't mean that I'm fully cured, though. But I don't want to be associated with this illness anymore. If I want to live happily I have to forget it. And I don't mean I'm gonna forget about all you people who helped me getting through this, but I'm simply done with SAD, so I am done with the forums and all the things related.

Thank you so much everyone for being such respectful and kind community, but everything has to end somewhere. For me, a new life is going to begin and I want to end my suffering, because past is in the past. And there's going to be no more psychiatrists and stuff like that hopefully.

It hurts a lot realising you're the person who needs help from specialized doctors, because there's something wrong with the way you think. I don't know how it is to you, but for me it's very humilating.

So, I'm going to forget about the illness and make it go away. I don't know how much time it will take while I would be finally fully cured (if that's even possible. I hope it is because if not, I see no point in my existence anymore.), but I will try my best to finally be a happy person without any mental problems.

Well, thank you once again and take care.

Oh, also. If there is an option to delete my account, please tell me. I'd be checking the topic in a few hours before I go away completely.

planemo

Yeah, i can understand why you would do that. i've been thinking of doing the same, but i'm so bored and have so little to do, i always come back to forums and to thinking about my problems of isolation and fear around people.

best of luck to you, and i hope you find a cure, as i hope we all do. :)

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Good luck, I wish you the best.

Take care not to fall into a rut of denial, as the hardest thing in the world one can do is try not to think about something.

That said, send me postcards and souvenirs, and remember you can always come back. I did. :D

jaim38

I don't know if social anxiety can completely go away, because new situations pop up that challenge our courage, but you are right that we need to stop identifying ourselves as social phobics. We are NOT the fear itself, but we let the fear drive us, make decisions for us, etc. We are more than the social anxiety that we experience. We have talents, good traits and personalities that we can bring out.

Anxy

Good luck, I wish you the best.

Take care not to fall into a rut of denial, as the hardest thing in the world one can do is try not to think about something.

That said, send me postcards and souvenirs, and remember you can always come back. I did. :D

I'd prefer to pretend I don't have SAD to make me feel better. I believe if I forget about it, it will go away eventually.

Thank you, but I'd rather not. As much as I enjoyed people here and forums overall, it would just remind me of my SAD and sink me into depression, which, as you can guess, I wouldn't really want.