Find escape in music

dannyboy65

Recently I have been finding ways of escaping my anxiety. Today I bought a drum set! I love it and when I play its like the world escapes, I get lost in the beats I create and love every moment of it. I also have a bass and a guitar, but I just don't feel the escape as much as I do when I play the drums. Does anyone else here play an instrument to calm down?

PerseverareJasmine

I play the harmonica, although badly. I wouldn't mind being more skilled at playing it, but I still like to play it to have fun and take my mind away from my issues temporarily. I ultimately prefer singing to escape though.

S_Spartan

Yes, I can sit down at a piano and get totally lost.

Even listening to music helps me so much. Especially classical music. I love rock music but sometimes that droning beat wears me down. But I always feel better while I'm listening to classical music.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Ah play the acoustic guitar - badly. Nuthin' fancy, just a few chords, wee generic guitar riffs and melody ideas that couldnae piece together intae a proper song if ah tried. Usually, ah listen to some ambient electronic or classical music if ah want tae calm down. Or instrumental post-rock bands.

alxbkr

I produce music. It helps me release myself and express my emotions.
Unfortunately I never have the will to finish most projects haha

Hi! I play the violin to release my stress. I started learning it since 2 years ago. When I was young, I always wanted to play the violin. Now, it was like a dream come true. :)