Finally

JosephG

I have a meeting with a "Mental Well-being Practitioner" whatever that is. Quite pleased as I have been on the waiting list for quite some time and it feels good that I may finally be getting the ball rolling on getting some help.
There's just one thing niggling me about this meeting is that I feel I won't be able to properly express how I feel. I feel my mood changes quite often and that sometimes I find it quite hard to put my thoughts into words. So I'm worried I'm going to not properly get what's going on across - I also don't want to sound like a bumbling idiot.
Has anybody done anything like this before and got some tips/advice for me? I'm a little nervous!

Feathers

YAY for you!! :) There's a thread about this (or maybe a few?), do a search maybe? (On Google if the search here doesn't get results..)

Maybe write it down, the main things at least? So you can read it there or give the info to your counsellor... (it can be bullet-style or 'essay'-like, or like what you'd write here on a forum..)
Maybe they'd even be okay with sending an e-mail or so? You can talk about that too..

There are tips online on what to ask a counsellor/therapist too, not sure if on this site or on some others.. Like what approach do they use (CBT or...?) have they treated/helped others with similar problems and with what success? What do they specialize in, if anything? etc.

Wishing you good luck with it all!! :)

Phoenixx

That's awesome! Sorry I can't give you any advice. I've never been to one, or even really heard of one for that matter. But I would love to hear how the progress goes :)

JosephG

It's quite hard when you don't feel much of anything! I'll have to try my best. I've been having real problems with apathy and motivation recently. I'll keep you posted... Let's hope this is the start of something good!