fight or flight

anthony43

HELLO WORLD.I just had a thought,Is it possible that our fight or flight me.:mad:chanism has gone wrong and we are all blessed cos if we were to fight we would all be in prison

djkghigh

it is a regular occurrence that regular situations could be misinterpreted resulting in u saying or doing the wrong thing{fight}

with other events u avoid situations/confrontations that could of been handled differently without looking like a punk {flight}

I know what you're talking about, I'm constantly in ''Flight Mode''
this is how my amygdala works, my first reaction is ''Fear''
running away from it, though in real danger i can do the right thing , switch to fight mode.
but Social Anxiety is mostly turned out to be a real flight.

Nice question btw.

Last edited:

mikebird

Banned
It is a self-wind-up question every day. I think it's the equivalent of suicide or keep going.

I recognised something I really need. A punchbag. My regular exercise routine is OK but I need to improve it. A boxing ring I saw in Bedford. If I can't, the best I could do would be a game of squash. My buddy stopped playing after he got married and has a kid.

If anything where I live, inside or outside, could support a fullsize punchbag reliably, I'd love it. but it might be prone to theft if I left it out there - lamp post or tree in a park.

But then I might want a knot round my neck, and kick away the chair, or soapbox. Private or public, I might go for the outside, and leave a message on the floor

Last edited:

Kiwong

Fight works for me, until I risk loving the things I love, then I will stand and fight for them. My idea of fight is non-violent, it can simply mean, having the courage not to run away, but to face my fears.

Shant

Flight.

Fight just makes me look like a worse person than I already am. I'd rather be pathetic-looking and a coward, than a scary person and an... angry person. But I don't blame myself for having the fight-or-flight mentality. But then whose fault could it be but me? I shouldn't insinuate that anyone else is at fault for the way I am. But is it really my fault?

I tend to go around in circles with this. I have some fight-or-flight with others, but it's usually just social anxiety. I have this intensely with my father, who never realizes why I'm like this because he can't consider he could ever be wrong. Because of that I go around in circles with this too much... where did this initially come from, him, or me? I just want to freaking slug him but then I'd be the bad guy, if I wasn't already, just from picking "Flight".

Last edited: