Fictional Characters and Celebrities

Celebrities are just people?

• Total voters

anomicdeer

This is really getting to my nerves. I have a DA account and everyones avatars has "team gaga" "team edward" or "team jacob".

Am I the only one annoyed about how people obsess over fictional characters and celebrities. Not just a crush, but obsession! They are just people they are just well known. I don't understand why people but them as their own picture or pretend to be them. I don't even like my life that much or myself actually and I don't pretend to be some celebrity.

Yes there are some celebrities that I like a lot and I would like to me, maybe. But I seriously don't understand why people go so far. There is actually a show that my mom watch and it's all about celebrities. If I was just walking down the street, there would be NO paparazzi running around the corner trying to get a picture of me, why do that for someone that acts, sings, dance or whatever? They are just well known. Even some of those people aren't know by everyone because they know that a "celebrity" isn't a god or isn't someone they have to know or obsess about.

This is really bothering me, it makes me want to stop using the internet or limit the things I do on here. I might even delete my DA account just because of that. I usually don't let things like that bother me, but I think I would be upset if a ****ing celebrity I know nothing about and have no interest in is on my avatar. This mess make me want to kill myself.

There is much more I wish I could say but also I don't feel that I should have even said anything.

Last edited:

market.garden

I agree totally. It amazes me when there is a movie premiere in London and people scream and shout telling the TV cameras that they have been camped out for 36 hours hoping to meet whoever.

I can understand seeing an actor or singer who's inspired you and thinking "Wow I can't believe I'm going to meet him/her" but some people are just so obsessed.

And you get all those crappy magazines making a big deal out of completely unimportant things with headlines like "OMGZZ!?>!! PARIS HILTON GOT A COFFEE!!!"

Now I'm off to go for a wander with my extra long lens camera ;)

Emily_G

They're just people. I hate standing in line at grocery stores and reading about their lives....who cares!!!

davidburke

They're just people. I hate standing in line at grocery stores and reading about their lives....who cares!!!

i agree totally with you emily, i couldn't care less about whats going on with celebrity's i don't understand why the majority of ppl want to to know every little detail of their life

philly2bits

They are just regular people to me. I worked in a convenience store/deli in an upscale area around here where a lot of sports stars live. At first it's neat to actually see these people in person after only seeing them on TV. But the novelty wears off quickly, especially when they come in often and you see they are no different then anyone else. They look for the best dated milk, have trouble deciding on a lunch, ask to use the bathroom, etc.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Crap, I hit the 'worship' option by mistake. :mad:

The cult of celebrity has always completely baffled me. I've known people who brag about their autograph collection and I just...look at them.