Fellow Blushers.....are you out there?

Chole

Hi Guys and Gals
I hope this message finds you all in good health apart from this one problem.

My name is Chole and I just thought I'd introduce myself. Like you I have a great problem with Blushing, and I am over the moon to find this forum with like minded people sharing the same problem.

I am sure you will be hearing a lot from me over the next few weeks/ months even.

Chole.

P.S. It is so cold here, I hope the weather is a lot better where you are.

Boby

Hy Chole and welcome to the forum.
Here is nice and warm,ok maybe a bit more than warm it's hot,ok it's god damn hot here I think there more than 30 degree celsius :)

tgates209

I am an excessive blusher and have been for years. It developed in my late 20s when a series of personal events had a long lasting impact on my confidence, I believe. One thing I have done to reverse the self-beating I give myself after a severe blush is to really remind myself that people (consciously or subconsciously) will generally translate seeing you blush as a positive thing. That you are sensitive and care in general about things going on around you. If you're like me, you naturally beat yourself up and feel like everyone is looking at you like a weak, frail freak - but that is simply not the case. Even if people make mention of it or ridicule you for it (as it at times happens to me), they will more often than not either not even care, or see it as a positive thing.

Chole

Hya boys and girls I am new to this and I am not sure what to do. I place a message recently but never had a reply, perhap I did something wrong. If you receive this message please let me know what I amdoing wrong.
Chole

Chole

Hello Boby
It is nice to be ableto talk to someone you say you are an expert user does this mean you have been doing this a long time.
Chole

jakx

Chloe chloe chloe....ive had this problem but only in certain situationd..lets help each other and talk....if your on twitter please follow me hun... @jakrobbo7

tatatahahaha1

Hello! :)

I'm also a fellow blusher.... And I hate it. I just want to tell you that you're not alone. I often start to blush when I'm a loner in the class (which is VERY embarrasing) or when I get called on to answer a question in class and i dont know it(then people start turning around there sits just to look at & i sart to blush..). well one thing i gotta say is that not thinking about it makes u NOT blush. when you start to feel that burning sensation in your face just immediantly think of something random like unicorns..a hot guy/girl..etc. think of math problems and then take a deep breath in and out. also if youre in a hot room do NOT wear something hot because it encourages even more redness when you blush.

MUBRG

There are a small number of researchers around the world who study blushing in order to understand it and help people who suffer erythrophobia. A really good book to go to in order to discover what is known currently is - Crozier, W. R., & de Jong, P. J. (Eds.). (2013). "The Psychological Significance of the Blush". Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. It will give a good overview on all the research by those researchers working in the field. In our university we are also working on research, with the current study (if you are interested) accessed via the Facebook page "Erythrophobia / érythrophobie".