feelings stirred all over again

maryama

When you know youre coping latley n pushing yourself to be out there n looking at things in a positive point of view and sometimes numb yourself from feeling too emotional and just carrying and holdin on even when it hurts but then those feelings, emotions, memories and untrue toughts are appearing again and all you're doing is crying like a tap water has been left open, and feelinng a deep wound that you yet have no idea what really the main cause is. Arrgg. No matter how much you try to push them thoughts or challenge them, it wins anywY. Icant sleep once again and am about to fall asleep after along painful deep tears.!!! Just thought of writing here and sharre :sad:
Let me know if any of you have felt this before:) itd be much appreciated

jaim38

Yeah sometimes suppressed feelings and memories suddenly boil to the surface and I get all riled up again. I used to find myself thinking about past memories out of the blue which led to crying. Which is why I try not to suppress my thoughts and emotions anymore. I want to let them out in healthy ways.

sahxox

Yes I can relate exactly. You try and try to be positive and 'out there', and at the same time trying and stop this negative mindset of doubt consuming you. Any feelings you supressed whilst trying to be positive can flood back and leave you even more doubtful then before you began. This is my battle I feel. Like today I woke up happy, then started to think about work and how simple things, like a nice lunch and chocolate, are pointless and I shouldn't use that to make me happy. Then it's like sliding down a hill >.< Overthinking is what causes these 'supressed' emotions to flood back for me. So I guess I have to try not to think so much, just go with the flow.
Anything specific you feel that causes this for you Maryama?

maryama

Yupp I totally get you small things can ruin your whole mood and plans. Iguess my thoughts are running wild. Although I am aware that most of is not true!! Ihave very suportive around both family and friends yet ifeeel lonely, ineduqate, not important not cared about and all. I was speaking to a friend who was cincerned about me and she was asking me questions to understand what I feel and go through but my heart was in pain and ifelt that sick feeling and wouldnt stop crying for hours and feeling like running away for abit or throwing myself off the stairs so I wouldnt feel this pain but and distract with the other pain but obvs I stoped myself I dont believe in harming yourself but where your mind can take you is unbelievable. So thats what stirried the feelings ive felt before. And once again am awake thinking when will it go away

blue_eyes

Yes, happens to me a lot.
I'll be positive for a while and then suddenly out've the blue i'll become really sad. The frustrating thing is, i don't even know what it is that upsets me, i'll sit crying for hours and not even know why. Once that sad moment passes though, i feel tons better, like the tears got rid of all the anger/upset that's inside of me.

I hope you start feeling better soon maryama :)

MikeyC

If you push yourself to be happy - even too happy - the negative feelings will eventually surface in a big way because you're not dealing with them properly; you're just pushing them into a corner hoping they'll go away. They won't.

I still suggest that being positive and going out and doing things is a good step, because with any luck the negative feelings will become less and less. :)

maryama

Once that sad moment passes though, i feel tons better, like the tears got rid of all the anger/upset that's inside of me.[/QUOTE]

Soo true it feels like a while thing came of your chest but omg this leaves you with a banging a headache and feeling weak lol. Ifeel better I prayed alot, cryed alott and wrote a journal . So for now iam keeping myself busy ineed to revise and the exam is scaring me. :( hope it goes well so ican have a gap year knowing I am having because I achieved it.

N when you said you dont knw why your crying or feelig this way ..is soo get it. Which is why am struggling becuase idnt kn the root of this problem. I am planning to visit the doctors to find answer to my problem hopefully.

And hope everything goes well and smooth for you guys too. All the best xx.

maryama

If you push yourself to be happy - even too happy - the negative feelings will eventually surface in a big way because you're not dealing with them properly; you're just pushing them into a corner hoping they'll go away. They won't.

I still suggest that being positive and going out and doing things is a good step, because with any luck the negative feelings will become less and less. :)

You're right and thats what ihave learned from this. To not push myself too hard and pretend am happy thinking this feeling will go away but then hit me hard. I will carry on challengibg my thoughts and feelings to reduce them but not totally get rid of them cz thats impossible n will take a while.

Thanks