feeling so low

InDeepshit

i feel so pathetic i'm crying over people i trusted online and that have stopped being friends with. this week has been really depressing, i rely on these people so much just as an escape from how disappointing real relationships are and then even when i've opened up myself and my fears, the worst side of myself i cant rely on them to be friends and to remain supportive. I'm hurt that i've invested so much into something to fake and meaningless to them it's really painful. I just cant feel the same closeness in real life and i expect people to be rejecting me, but not online . i guess thats why i'm so hurt. and it's worse that they log in frequently to the chat i visit because i'm addicted to it so all i can think about is just think how they can be so indifferent towards me. ugh i should be out and getting ready but there isn't anything worth doing it's all just to waste time

Feathers

chats scare me too... Hey, there are 'real people' out there too!!
yup, feelings can get hurt online, you can meet new cool people too... and maybe you'll take a bit more time to get to know others first, to see who you can trust with certain things, who may be better to be just casual friends?

maybe those people still like you, just don't know what to say? Or might be going through tough times too?

Some sites may be more geared to superficial interaction, so maybe take a look at other sites? Or can you find any other things to do - any hobbies or maybe volunteering, join a club or something?

Sometimes you may just need a break from a certain website - or the internet? There was a study that 5+ hours of computer work a day causes depression and memory/concentration problems!

Maybe you could also be hungry or tired? (I've sometimes forgotten to eat when online..) So maybe eat something nutritious (with vitamins and minerals!) and take a nap?

((hugs)) hope things get better!!

vitalis

I'm sorry to hear that, but the lesson here is that we must probably learn to not depend on just the "online" relationships for our dose of socialization.

I've never been a fan of online chats and I even prefer a one on one contact to force myself even if I fail, but I understand most of shy people can find in this way of communication a kind of shield with the distance. Unfortunately, if it's extremely hard to find an "in situ" friendship, just imagine if there's just online contact; I'm not saying it can't happen, but it's a lot harder.

It's a very sad moment for you, but when the worst happens try to think that if these people have turned your back on you they don't deserve to be called friends. Don't think about the time you wasted investing on them; maybe during that time you've learned many things, and this unfortunate experience may very well serve you to progress in the understatement of your own situation and yourself.

Aussie_Lad

I've actually tried doing an online thing with a girl, even thought it was love, and while it seems good at the time, looking back at it I realise how silly it was to spend the vast amounts of time with effectively nothing in return. I didn't get to hold her in my arms, kiss her, or do anything else that a real relationship entails. I had webcam, but she didn't which made it even less personal. IMO, most online talk is only good for making plans with friends and that is just about it.