Feeling quite sad right now :( I need some support...

Dark angel

I'm getting stressed and I'm really sad right now. I feel like I want to cry but I can't. Next week I'm going to take an important test that could define pretty much my future and my dreams of a lifetime but I know I'm going to fail because today I took a practice test and I didn't do well. This practice tests are pretty accurate. This exam is an standarized test for a health professional school admision. I've been studying for 2 and half months but from time to time I took some breaks because I really got quite tired of constantly reading. Now I feel that it was a mistake. I shouldn't have done it. I should kept on going even if I was tired. And now I cannot cancel the test date, I have to take it. My mom kept saying do not cancel it, she said that If I didn't face the test now and I kept posponing it ,I would never know what I would have to fight against and what I could expect from it. I understand her point and she is right. I was really supposed to take this test back in september but back then I had no time to study at all because I was still at the university. Now, I got to study but the amount of material is really overwhelming. Either way, I don't want that day to come and I'm already feeling like such a failure. If this doesn't work I would've wasted 6 years of my life studying for a pretty useless bachelor's degree and I have absolutely no work experience at the moment because I spent all those "effing" years studying. If this doesn't work, I would have to start from scratch. It scares me. I know that If I don't do well now, I can re-take it. But, what if I never do well? I don't see myself doing another thing. ::(:

Last edited:

ImNotMyIllness

Eventually you will pass. But, hopefully you do it the first time around. If not, find out where you're lacking in knowledge and brush up in those areas. Some people have taken the BAR several times-these are lawyers!

Fin

Aww I feel for you. Took me ages to pass my driving test because of being overwhelmed and stressed. But I didn't give up and that's the advice I give to you... Don't give up, rest inbetween but don't give up. Break things down into sections and take the mother one day at a time. You will pass this test. Even if it takes you a couple of go's you will do it. Good luck and let us know how you got on.

Xervello

Hopefully posting that made you feel a little better, Angel. Sometimes our thoughts and fears are like cancer and they need to be removed, which is what this forum is for. I agree with Fin and INMI, you'll eventually pass. If you want it bad enough, it'll happen. And if you've been studying for as long as you have, I'm sure you already know everything already - it's just a matter of relaxing and letting your brain do what it does. I wish you luck with it. And if more thoughts, fears and tears feel like coming, please come back to this thread. :)

Dark angel

@I'mnotmyillness: Thank you, I really appreaciate your words and support. I must admit that what I am applying for is equally difficult as studying law and I dont know if I'm gonna be able to make it but either way I want to give it a try and I really want to succed. But the fear is there and that's what I dont know how to erradicate.

@Fin: Thanks man, I know what it feels like to fail the driving test. My memories of the day I took mine for the first time always makes me cringe. I started sweating incredibly and got extremely nervous, to the point that I had to stop driving and pass the wheel to the instructor because my legs started shaking way too much. LOL. Now I laugh, but that day I felt sooo bad. Awful memory.

@Xervello: Yeah, posting this made me feel a bit better, thanks. I didnt want to overwhelm my family once again with the same thing over and over. I'll probably come back next week to vent.

Dark angel

Awww SoScared, I really appreciate that you enjoy my posts. That makes me happy lol. Thanks. Feeling a bit better today, but the stress and the fear are still there. I'm just trying to ignore them.